Chapter 3

"Alright, it doesn't matter if we win, let's just try to score some of us in the top individual or get our team in the top 5." Dream's voice was tired, and his last words stretched out into a long yawn. Lana knew he was just giving the "winning isn't important" speech because she was playing, and it was supposed to make her feel better for not playing well, but so far, she didn't feel any better, in fact she was only beginning to grow more anxious.

Sapnap and Punz were deafened, starting up their streams and talking to chat. Lana had contemplated just not streaming, maybe it would relieve a lot of the stress, but she knew her chat would be upset if they missed this.

"Are you streaming?" Dream asked, jumping around the steps that sat beneath the looming timer, counting down to Lana's demise.

"Not yet." She could hear the gruffness in her voice and immediately coughed, attempting to clear her throat.

"Oh okay, sounds good..." The air was tense and awkward, and Dream's voice trailed off, he sounded like his thoughts were a million miles away.

Lana was just about to come up with something to say, trying to fill the empty air between them, but thankfully Sapnap unmuted, "God, I've got to piss."

"Ew." Dream mumbled.

"You'd better watch out or I might go into your room and pee in your mouth." Lana could hear Sapnap stretching backwards in his chair.

"I'd pay to see that." Lana laughed; she'd always liked watching Sapnap's streams. She enjoyed how nonchalantly he said some of the strangest things.

"Come on now." Dream's voice was close to his mic, his smirk audible. Lana felt a sudden jolt flush through her.

"I'm gonna start my stream really quick." She said quietly, Sapnap and Punz were arguing and didn't hear her, but Dream responded, "You'd better hurry." Lana could hear his voice moving closer to the mic once more, "3 minutes."

She deafened herself and quickly caught her bearings before starting up her stream, "Hey chat! It's mcc day and we've gotta hurry, I decided to wait till the last minute to get the stream started." The chat began to fill with excitement and various emotes, and Lana rejoined the call.

"Dream was just telling us we should get ace race out of the way, even though he's good at it." Sapnap was trying to get his friend to reconsider, but Lana knew why he was suggesting it. She was grateful he wasn't telling everyone the real reason, but she still felt a pang of embarrassment that she was making Dream sacrifice one of his better games for her.

"I'm fine with whatever the team wants, not super picky about my game order." Lana awkwardly laughed, just trying to get through this discussion without feeling like a total ass for being the worst one there.

"Okay, then it's settled." Dream said firmly, "Let's get ace race out of the way, and then we can save the ones that Lana is better at for the end, since the rest of us are pretty good at everything."

Oh god, he really had to say that?! Lana facepalmed at her camera, and mouthed her embarrassment at the chat, which suddenly began to fill with either encouraging messages or pleas for her to play as bad as possible.

The bridge opened and they all ran through to the main building, the first game ended up being to get to the other side, Lana tried her best, but she ended up being the last one through on most of the rounds. Dream was trying his best to be encouraging but she could hear his patience thinning. Sapnap on the other hand had no problem teasing her about it, he'd laugh about how she was carrying them all, which oddly made Lana feel a lot better about everything. She could tell he didn't really care how well they placed and that he wasn't actually being a douche about anything.