Chapter 1

Lana reached her arms back, her tired hands pulling the tangled pile of black hair into a scrunchie at the nape of her neck. She sighed loudly, letting the ponytail flop onto the hood of her sweatshirt. She had been streaming for the past 3 hours and was completely exhausted. No one told her that as an introvert even talking to people online could be so tiring.

Lana had been streaming for the past year or so, accumulating around 100k followers on her twitch account. She started mostly because she was bored, thinking it would be fun to stream from her iphone at a friend's house. Then she just sort of got addicted to it, there was something so calming talking to her phone for hours. As the viewer count rose soon she had people to go back and forth with, eventually scrounging together enough money for a simple set up.

"That was a shorter one." Ingrid called, they were Lana's roommate and best friend since the two of them were in the third grade.

Lana yawned, "I was really tired, thought it was best just to cut it short, plus I've got work tomorrow morning." She opened her phone, the live wallpaper playing an edit of her current celebrity crush. The time was 12am, not that late, but pretty bad when you've got to be up at 6 the next morning, she should have showered earlier.

She stood and stretched out her legs, it really took a lot out of one's back sitting in those chairs, how did those 24 hour streamers do it? The desk started shaking with the vibration of her phone, she picked it up and looked over the notification.

"Shit, Ingrid!" Lana rushed out of her room, "You're not gonna believe it."

"What?" Ingrid barely looked up from their phone, she was typing intensely to her groupchat.

"I just got invited to MCC!" Lana almosted shouted the news, she had applied a while back as a joke for her chat, they all knew how bad she was at minecraft and when Scott posted that they were looking for more small streamers they thought it would be funny for Lana to send in an application, "Apparently they had someone bail out last minute and wanted a smaller streamer to fill in, I'm not sure why they chose me of all people though."

She couldn't believe it, streaming had always been something she did for herself, she didn't even think she would ever get to 100k.

"I'm so proud of you!" Ingrid pulled her into a hug, "You know that right?"

Lana nodded, "Of course I do. They're announcing the teams later this week, I guess I should wait for it to be a surprise for the viewers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next two streams went by painfully slowly, Lana had hinted at special news and the chat had been begging for her to spill it, but she refused, "Come on chat, you guys only have like a couple hours before it drops." The corner of the screen quickly filled with more begging, but Lana only laughed them off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the MCC twitter posted the teams, Lana sat refreshing her feed, waiting to see her twitch profile picture appear under those catchy team names. It felt like time was moving in slow motion, everytime she refreshed it felt like she was having a mini heart attack.

Then she saw it, her profile picture, which was a photo of herself photoshopped next to Elon Musk, she really should have changed that. She quickly retweeted it to her account before replying to the tweet, Ready to carry :).

"Who are your teammates?" Ingrid asked, plopping down on the couch and peeking over Lana's shoulder.

"Sapnap, Punz, and Dream... Hopefully they don't expect me to actually carry or anything." Lana bit at her fingernails, she was so excited to finally make it into MCC that she forgot she'd actually have to like play MCC.

"You're a small streamer, they'll take it easy on you, probably." Ingrid didn't sound completely sure of their answer, but she laughed before getting up and leaving back to her room.

Lana was nervous, what if they didn't like her, or what if they found her annoying? Dream had 26 million subscribers, and she hadn't even started her youtube channel yet.

Getting up she made her way to her set up, making sure to play her favorite playlist before starting up minecraft. If she didn't want to look like a total loser she had better start practicing.