prologue

I didn't mean to kill her...
Y'know, it was one of those happy accidents not really happy, but still.
Now I was faced with a body covered in blood; the same blood was on my hands.

It wasn't really what I wanted to do but in this sort of situation, when faced with a gun to your head, you've got to go with the flow and the adrenaline of what's happening.

The worst part of a murder is the clean up. You've gotta hide the murder weapon, the body, you've gotta clean yourself, clean the crime scene, and bribe or even murder the witnesses.

That's a whole lot of work I dont want to do. And as I watch the body sink to the bitter bottom of this wretched lake from this cobbled bridge, I finally have time to look around:
It's night time but the village is still illuminated with little patches of orange light.

Looking over it reminds me of what I've got to do to get out of this place.

"Aye, that's the lass. I told ye she'd get the job done. Can't knock her really, bit on the scrawny side though" proclaimed a sleazy man from across the bridge.

I look to my side. Two men stood with a slim woman eaten by the hunger of winter next to the lake that expanded throughout the village.
I look past her to the water beneath the side of the lake. A bedraggled body of a young boy, could merely be past the age of fifteen, still sitting in the shallows of the water.

And the water had turned red beside him...

There was an eerie screech from afar which sounded like it had been screamed from the belly of a beast; the screech sounded it's words 'I wanna cry, try to die, you will never break free, run, try to hide. But you will die'.

I don't know what went on that dreadful night, all I remember was two people had died; the person I had killed after being held at gun point and a fifteen year old boy.
Dont remember much after, but I do remember the screams of the scrawny, eaten women "NO! PLEASE! IM INNOCENT IT WASNT ME. I AM A VICTIM; HES MY SON!" she shrieked as they dragged her away, another one to the mad House.
Her screams can still be heard through out the little, rural village. And the killer of the boy still being on the loose...