Chapter 21

~The Little Angel~

It was a bright sunny afternoon as the sun shines bright beautifully up here in the heavens. I see the angels as they pass by, carrying scrolls and books in their arms, going about their business. I put my black coat around my neck ready to leave heaven. Already going to set my foot off the clouds when something hit me. Today is the day god has something something important to tell me. I rush my way passing by the angels while greeting them and waving. The guards recognize me from the distance as they push open the golden door. I made my way to the entrance of the god throne. I see him with his hand folded while smiling directly towards me like if he was happy to see me. I stood in front of him and gave him a polite bow while catching my breath.

"Oh Little Angel, it's good to see you my dear!"

"It good to see you too sir"

"So tell me what's on the agenda?"

"I believe sir there people calling for our prayers from the village asking to give them a blessing"

"Hmmm"

He hums into a melody tone which feels music to my ears.

"Well I shouldn't keep you waiting my dear, go and collect those blessings!"

"On it sir but don't you have something to tell me?"

"Oh yes! Make sure you smile"

I smiled wide open and wave at him to say goodbye. I fly away from his throne and out from his door. I looked around just seeing angels passing by when my friend flew up to me and hugged me very tightly. I couldn't breathe but I let her squeeze me because I can tell she misses me.

"I just wanted to say hi and be safe out there okay!?"

"I will be okay!"

She smiles and gives me a kiss on the forehead for good luck. She has been getting better after the incident between her and the Shadow in Disguise. After the battle, she was in her rest bed for awhile because of how many scars she has on her body. It took a long time to heal but she is finally strong and healthy after her recovery. I put my hood over and fly off from the clouds to go straight down to the village. I can feel the cold breeze brushing through my face as I extend my arm from feeling the freedom I have from flying. I spotted the village from the distances as I flew straight to a tree near the village. I took a safe landing on a tree branch as I kneel down watching humans passing by doing their normal routine by shopping, chatting, and playing as their usual times. It makes me happy to see everyone going about their day.

How much I can see my best friend from the distance holding the little boy's hand. She is wearing a dark green gown with an apron around her waist. It is funny to see her with leather boots because she always walks around barefoot. Seeing her looking amazing with her hair up in a bun that compliments her features. I can see her laughing and smiling with the little boy.

"Amiee do you think we're going to see the Lady Angel again?"

"Hmmm who knows if she returns to come and save the village again?"

"You think so?"

"I think so sir Daniel"

Aimee is her name. The village calls her lady Aimee because of her hard work she has done around the village. Everyone wanted her with them every moment. She is extremely beneficial to the village, and I am well aware of how much the village needed her. In the village, I became a legend, telling their children that a "beauty of an angel has come to save the village." My name always spread around the village like if I'm some type of hero but it wasn't me who was a hero. It was my best friend who is a hero. She saved the village. She saved the god. She saved me. She should be the hero. Watching her from above, seeing her grow with her family had become a happy ending for her. She finally can live on with a family and maybe soon find love of her own to settle down with children. I can always imagine what her life would be like. Knowing at that moment I'll always watch her from above to see her everyday just to watch her smile and enjoy her life time. She never knew I'm always there for her. She is never going to know the history between her and me of how we change the history of the angels. She is never going to know that I'm always going to be her little guardian angel.

I got up and flew away to our 'Home' where I stay most of the time after checking up on her for my daily routine. When I made it home to see it burn and destroy from the fire. It was strange for the forest to manage to survive from the fire except our 'Home'. It sat there, with no color blooms in the field and no leaves that would grow back. I landed on the burned ground in search of the downed tree. Memories came back to me with me and the Little Devil always sleeping next to each other shoulders' and sometimes when we wake up, we always play around or go somewhere for adventure. I sat down with my legs crossed with only one daisy alive next to me. I watch the sun setting on the horizon. I smile at the beauty of the sun and field of green across the land. How gorgeous it must be out there. However, without the Little Devil, it would have been difficult for me to continue, but I know how much she wants me to keep going and make the most of it. I know she doesn't want me to fall apart. She doesn't want us to fall apart. The fact that the universe had torn us apart had caused a shift in our friendship. And now from that part. That when...

Until We Fall