Chapter 20

"Don't die on me!"

Tears well up in the eyes of the Little Devil, who clutches her best friend tightly. Kneeling down, the god comforts the Little Devil by massaging her back. She returns her gaze to the god, pleading with him.

"Please help me!"

He sighs and hesitates.

"Why aren't you answering!?"

"The truth is, we don't heal the angels...I'm so sorry"

The Little Devil cries even harder as she presses her head against the little angel's head. She can feel her body shaking with fear of losing her best friend.

"However, you can save her"

The Little Devil looks at the god slightly smiling knowing he can tell she has something in her.

"I-I can't, it too dangerous besides it will cause her to become someone she is not"

"But as long you can control yourself"

She couldn't believe what she was about to do but it was the only way to save her best friend. The Little Devil kisses the Little Angel forehead and closes her eyes as she releases the source of energy towards the Little Angel body.. If things change between them, she is going to find a way to save her again. How much she needed her by her side, alive in her arms was the only thing that kept her going. How much she makes her feel satisfied when she is around her. She imagines the time when her and the Little Angel will always running wild and free. How much she wants that again.

Another tear falls from the Little Devil's eyes as he hopes it will succeed. She comes to a halt and opens her eyes to check if it's working. She is as frigid as ever and her skin is as pale as ever for a time. She believed she'd done it, but it didn't work out. She sighs and collapses on the ground. Before finding the flower in the closet, she notices a white daisy. She rips it out and puts it over her chest. The god puts his arm around the Little Devil as the hapless body of the Little Angel fades away. She is numb as a reaction of her best friend passing away in her arms while she was holding her hand.

"Come back"

5 minutes had pass, the little Devil stare down at her as the god pat her shoulder.

"Let go"

The Little Devil kisses her forehead again and said her goodbyes. She was going away until she felt her hand grasp tight onto hers. She looks over to see the Little Angel's pale skin turning into peachy skin. Her rosy cheeks appear over her small little freckles. Her forest green eyes light before the Little Devil chocolate eyes. A bright smile appeared on the Little Angel face to see her best friend there I front of her. The little devil smiled with tears in her eyes.

"I thought pretty devils don't cry?"

They both laughed with joy and with the embrace they share of satisfaction. They can hear the god chuckling at how happy he is to see them reunite. The Little Angel and Devil got up to brush themselves off from all the dirt when the Little Angel noticed the black wings on the Little Devil's back.  She was so amazed by how the wings are larger than hers and how beautiful it looks with it black feathers.

"You look so cool with your new wings"

"Oh really? I thought it was weird"

"Nonsense, you look amazing"

The Little Devil blush by the compliment and smiled.

"Thanks"

However, it gets silent when they realize they expose themselves from the god. It is forbidden to be attached by an immortal that isn't one of your kind. The Little Angel took a deep breath to meet the god's eyes. He had a blank expression but she knows deep inside he is disappointed in her.