"Jax- my friend- told me this week, we met up at Starbucks Wednesday."

***

"Today's the day we told the cops she was missing, so expect a meeting from a detective soon this week. If they ask, I told you today."

***

"But she's been gone awhile, almost a week. Why Wednesday?"

"I guess they wanted to make sure. They told the cops the same day they told me so..."

"Why does it seem that you are left out? Surely if she's your friend you should all report her together."

She was trying to catch me in a lie. I could feel it. But which one?

I simply shrugged. "I'm the newbie in their group."

"So you didn't know them that much?"

"I mean, I know them well for a girl who just started hanging with them."

"Seems like you hang out with them quite often, I mean you met up with this friend of yours and from what you mom said you were hanging out with them the weekend you realized Armoni was missing."

"Here and there."

"How often did you hang out with Armoni? Must have been often if you felt really hurt."

There it was, another trap that I would miss. She was trying to say I probably hung out with her the night she was missing.

***

"If she tries to turn the tables on you, point it out, let her know you're uncomfortable with the questions in the most discreet way possible."

"But wouldn't that make me seem suspicious?"

"If you choose the right words it'll make it seem like you know she's digging for dirt on you. Which you do, but you get what I mean. If she pulls the 'I'm trying to understand' card, use it to your advantage. You're smart, you've got this."

***

Thank God for Jax's instructions. I'd give him a big kiss if I could, but it's -well it's pretty much not.... Ah whatever.

"We'd all go to the mall, she's in my classes, so yeah."

"Do they know about your sister?"

"No, I try to keep my family business away from friends."

"How much do they tell you?"

"With all due respect, how does this relate to finding out who did this to her? What I am dealing with has nothing to do with them, would you tell me your life story?"

"Sorry if I offended you Miss Blanchard. I'm just trying to understand."

"Join the club Detective."

Join the club.

**

Bree is going to be the death of me.

She's been on me like a mosquito bite, buzzing in my business like a bee, and she's been trying to catch me in her web like a spider. If I had even two cans of bug repellent I may as well had nothing. That's how clingy she is.

The fact of the matter is that I didn't even do anything to her, but she's just been at me.

Oh Savannah, I can see why you're in this group. You've got the charms of a manipulator and the looks of a womanizer.

The heck????

Not to mention any group hang out I will be the last to know. And I mean the last. Freaking Voldemort would find out before I would. She's being too controlling. Not playing by the rules. Not that I cared but at least treat me right. I don't need her acceptance, I just don't want them to get all suspicious about me. Then they'd find out why I really wanted to sit at their table because it sure wasn't because of their charming personalities.