Chapter Thirteen: A Little Chat

The next day, Serena was waiting for Liz. She was supposed to arrive around 12-ish, so she was just laying on the couch with her husband.

"So what are you two going to do?" Ash inquired.

"Just chat, maybe some tea, coffee, or something like that." Serena replied.

"Oh, that sounds nice." Ash said running his fingers through her hair.

Serena blushed. The two did this fairly often, and it still felt amazing.

Then, Serena got a text.

"Hey, I am outside at the gate" The text read.

"Ok I'm coming" Serena replied.

"She's here." Serena said as she got up.

"Alright, it's about time I got up anyways. I gotta go to the store, 'you need anything?" Ash asked his wife.

"Yeah, I need conditioner. That's it."

Ash went to take a picture of the bottle so he could get the same one. He stopped by each kid's room and asked if they needed anything. Nobody but Ashley needed anything. He decided to tag along.

In The Car

As they drove down the road, they were loudly singing along to the radio, which just so happened to be playing of of his dad's songs.

"OH! I GOT IT BAD! GOT IT BAD! GOT IT BAD! I'M HOT FOR TEACHER!!!" Ash sang. "TAKE IT AWAY SON!"

"OHHHHH!!! I GOT IT BAAAAAAAAD!! SOOOOOOOO BAAAAAD!! I'M HOT FOR TEACHER!!!!

The guitar solo kicked in and Ash smiled.

"What?" Ashley asked.

"I remember your grandpa showing me how to play this. He was so proud of me too."

"Can you teach me it when we get home? I've been trying to get it but I can't figure it out."

"Sure. Why not."

The next few songs were all Van Halen tracks, which confused Ashley.

Song for those curious:

As they walked into the local shop, people greeted them. They were fans, but felt more like friends. Ash could name all of them.

They grabbed the conditioner. Ash turned to his son.

"What did you need?"

"I don't remember..."

"Oh well."

They walked down the alcohol isle, and Ash grabbed two rather large bottles of what seemed to be whiskey.

"What's that for?" Ashley asked.

"Your grandparents are coming over tonight. It's my dad's birthday."

"So that explains why we heard so many Van Halen songs in the car."

"Yep." Ash confirmed.

"I wonder how many more there will be." Ashley inquired.

"Probably a lot." Ash replied, "You know, this will be for you and me."

Ash had picked up a smaller bottle. "Don't tell mom."

"Alright, but why?"

"It's going to be a long night if you want to learn that song."

Back With Serena

The two were really enjoying talking to one another. They knew this friendship was going to last a long time.

Sorry for the short chapter. This was my first update in like a month. I also couldn't think of anything so this will have to do