Chapter Four: A Walk

The next day was rather peaceful and quiet. The sound of the warm gentle breeze blowing through their house in the early evening led Serena to think upon their lives.

"I still can't believe that this house is ours. I can't believe he's mine. I can't believe that we have five amazing kids that are accomplishing so much. What would have happened if I never saw Ash on T.V. that day? None of this would have happened. He would've never fallen in love with me, and my love for him would have never grown. Then we wouldn't have all of th-" She thought, before she was scared by her husband.

"Want to go for a walk?" He asked.

"SWEET ARCEUS ASH!"

"Were you that deep in thought?"

"I guess..."

Serena put her shoes on and they walked out the back sliding glass door. Since they had such a large property, they could just walk in the back.

After walking for a bit, Ash asked her a question.

"What were you thinking about?" Ash asked his wife.

"Just...everything. What would've happened if we never met again, you know."

"I don't ever want to think about that. I would probably be miserable, dead in a ditch somewhere, overdose on something...or end up with Misty."

"Misty as in Misty Waterflower?

"Yep. She lived in Cerulean city. We traveled together on my first journey. I kinda stole her bike. I'm like 99% sure she had a thing for me." Ash explained.

"My Arceus, she's got how many years left on her sentence? Sixteen I believe?"

"Seventeen. She was going to get life. But she had some sob story or something."

"She killed all of her sisters and her parents. I would have given her death. And I don't understand how losing your job as a gym leader would make you do that..." Serena wondered.

"Her sisters picked on her a lot, I think. She was always pissy about something."

They continued their walk. After a half hour they decided to turn back, as the kids were probably wondering where they were.

As they approached their home, they shared a kiss in front of the setting sun.

Sorry for the short chapter. If you read my announcement you'll understand. I am still working on it.