Burning at Both Ends

Disclaimer: I do not own Power Rangers. Only my OCs.

Previously...

They watched as the fossil slowly started to dissolve, free their mentor and friend. The computer started to spark and fried from an overload.

"The rock!" Kira cried out as she looked at it. "It's fried."

"Yeah but, look." Conner pointed at Tommy.

"It worked!" Hayley smiled as Tommy staggered a little bit, freed from his prison.

"Doctor O!" they ran over to him, grinning in relief.

"Tommy!" Zoey ran over gave her brother a massive hug, "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Me too." He returned the hug for a moment and stepped back, "Let's get back to normal, shall we?" He looked around the room, "Good job, guys! I'm proud of you." He nodded for a moment, looking at everyone, "Power down!" He crossed his arms in front of him and pulled them down to his sides. When nothing happened, everyone looked on as he tried again, "I said, power down!"

"Uh-oh." Zoey shook her head, "That's not good."

Tommy looked back up, shaking his own head, "I think we might have a problem."

Chapter 14: Burning at Both Ends

The group gathered in the lab was silent as they watched the Tommy try to de-morph after finally being released from his amber prison.

"Doctor O," Kira finally broke the silence. "I know the suit looks good and all...but quit kidding around," she told him, her worry evident in her voice.

"I wish I could Kira," their teacher shook his head. "When Trent froze me in that amber, somehow my Dino Gem and my morpher must have re-molecularized," he frowned as he walked past them, staring down at his morpher.

"You know that the White Ranger is Trent?" Zoey tilted her head as she turned to him.

"Yeah, he morphed in front of me," he nodded, "That's what I was calling Hayley about. To try and warn everyone. But he fossilized me before I could."

"So why can't you de-morph?" Conner asked, looking at Hayley with a frown.

"He's stuck," She summed up for him. "And speaking of Trent, looks like he's up to no good again," she groaned as she saw the computer screen flash, and Trent's Megazord moved through the city.

"What kind of energy drink does he use and where can I get it?" Andy asked, curious.

"I am so over that poser!" Conner growled.

"Go, I'll see what we can figure out here," Tommy told them.

"You guys go on. Andy and I'll stay with Zoey again." Jenna nodded to Conner, "Call us as backup if you absolutely can't handle it. Okay?"

"You've got it." They nodded, and called on their morphers.

"Ready?"

"Ready!"

"DINO THUNDER, POWER UP, HA!" they morphed and called on their Raptor Riders, and headed out to the battle.

"What's wrong?" Tommy asked, sitting next to his sister, "What happened?"

Zoey sighed and, while Hayley monitored the fight, told them about the Underworld.

"I was lost and couldn't find my way around. I was surrounded by darkness. I could feel the evil around me. It was like hopelessness and despair just seeping into my entire being." She shook her head, "I know that sounds over dramatic, but I don't know how else to explain it." She paused for a moment and took a deep breath, "I lost track of time. I don't know how long I wandered around those tunnels."