Chapter 11: "How could you..."

Start from the beginning

"No, Harris. It would help if you got sober, then you can do anything you want," Joy said.

"What do you mean no? you have no right to tell me what to do," I said as I quickly yanked my hand off her.

Joy took a deep breath before putting her hand on my chest, "Listen to me. You're drunk, and you need to relax."

"No! You listen. I need to find Lydia. I need to find her. What if something happens to her as we speak? I need to find her before I'm freaking out!" I took Joy's hand and threw my hand up in the air.

"You're already freaking out, Harris! This is why I need you to get sober, alright?" Joy said calmly.

I shook my head, "No, why are you so persistent in stopping me?" I narrowed my eyes at Joy, "what are you scheming, Jocelyn?"

Joy pointed her finger at me, "Don't call me by my full name."

"Why? Why don't you like to be called Jocelyn?" I challenged.

"You know, you're being an ass right now," Joy shook her head, "whatever, just go. I've tried anyway."

What is that supposed to mean?

I walked along the hallway and heard a moaning sound from one of the rooms. I approached it and pressed my ears to the door, and the moaning was getting louder and... It sounds familiar. I opened the door can and felt my heart drop to the ground, and the first thing I did was, "what the fuck- You're dead, Cain!" I flew my fist to Cain as I grabbed his shirt and proceeded to punch his face.

"Oh my god- Stop! Claude, stop!" Lydia screamed as she tried to stop me, but I pushed her away, "Joy! Help me!"

"What's wrong- Oh my god, Harris, stop!" Joy grabbed me and successfully yanked me from Cain. I saw Cain with his hand on his face and groaning in pain, "what is wrong with you?!" Joy said to my face.

Cain stood up and approached me, but Joy stopped him, "What the fuck, Claude! Don't you fucking know who my father is?!"

"What? Your mother didn't tell you?" I said sarcastically, and he glared at me in fume.

Then it was clear why Joy stopped me from getting to the second floor because preventing me from seeing my girlfriend cheating on me. She was trying to defend me from getting hurt. Well, it's too late.

I controlled my breathing as I kept glaring at Lydia, "Joy, get him out of here. I need to talk with Lydia."

"No, I'm not leaving you-"

"Just, go!" I raised my voice, and Joy froze. She then proceeded to take Cain and left the room, leaving me with Lydia, whose clothes were already off.

"Lydia, you know I love you, right?" I sighed as I looked at her in the eyes. I grab her shirt on the bed and put it over her head. I can't talk to her just wearing a bra, "how could you do this to me?" I asked, and no response came from her. It's like she turns into a living mannequin. Then, I asked her again, "How many times?"

"What?" Lydia furrowed her eyebrows.

"How many times have you slept with him?" I asked, and she kept silent, looking down to her feet. I continue, "what does Cain have that I don't? Is it because I don't have a dick? Do you love him? Or what?"

"No, it's not, babe. Trust me," Lydia looked up to me, and I shook my head.

"How can you throw away our two years relationship just like that?"  I asked, "In four months from now, it will be our third anniversary in New Year."

Lydia shoved her hair back away from her face, "Look, I don't know what has gotten into me, baby. But, I wouldn't have turned to Cain if you had been around-"