Epilogue

Akala ko ikaw na ang binigay
Akala ko ikaw na, akala ko ikaw na~

- Akala -

****

Losing someone you love and letting go are the hardest things to do as a human being.
It's a painful battle you need to win so that you won't die while surviving.

Cold, distant, but smart and classy. That's what I am. I grew up thinking I was someone no one could say no to because I was a Beaufort. I came from a very popular name in the business industry.

My life was perfect, our lives, to be exact, not until my nightmare began.

Because of that nightmare, my whole life turned upside down. The kind and joyful kid in me turned into someone scarier than a ghost. I became obsessed with things I shouldn't be.

I became a hungry predator, and she was my perfect prey.

I never knew I would fall in love with someone I heard about in a story.
My brother loved talking about her whenever they were video calling me.

I always have this thought at the back of my mind. What does it feel like to have a friend? To have someone who truly understands and cares for me without taking advantage of my weakness would be a gift.

When my grandparents died, I made a choice. I decided to go home. Yes, I planned everything perfectly, but our first meeting is not included. Our first encounter was unexpected and I will never forget how frustrated she was when I thought she was one of our maids.

She's the cutest, and I just want to keep her in my pocket.

I was bad at expressing or showing my emotions, so I chose to ignore her playful remarks about me whenever we were together.I'm afraid she'll be creeped out if I confessed to her everything I did just to be near her. So I let everything flow smoothly until she was the one who claimed me as her own.

It was a magical feeling when the person you secretly had a crush on from afar chose you and told you how much you meant to them.

I'll never forget her smiles or the crappy jokes she'd tell me just to irritate me.

She's indeed a ball of sunshine in my life.

"Ma'am Ophelia?"

Sinarado ko ang librong hawak ko at seryosong tumingin sa taong pumasok.

"Didn't I tell everyone to freaking call me Veronica?"

Ayaw ko na tinatawag akong Ophelia dito sa mansion. Simula ng mangyari ang insidente two years ago ay sobrang dami ng nagbago sakin. Lalo na sa pananaw ko sa buhay.

"Sorry po."

"Leave. I know what I need to do today."

Lumabas naman ito kaagad at sinarado ang pinto. Tumayo ako at ginalaw ang mga balikat ko para alisin ang ngalay duon.

"I wonder how she's coping with life."

Nagtungo ako sa walk in closet ko upang humanap ng damit na maisusuot ko. I chose the vintage trousers and the black sleeveless turtleneck paired with a vintage blazer as well.