"Oh honey. I already distributed the last batch of blankets but hold on I'll check, okay?"

I nodded and wait for her.

She came back with a thin but soft blanket

"'m sorry Lisa. This is the only blanket left.

"No ma'am it's fine. It's better than nothing. Thank you, ma'am. I'll return it tomorrow."

I went on to my go to alley to sleep. It's relatively safe because it's beside the shelter.

I lean on the wall and use my bag as a cushion. I able to wrap the blanket around me twice

since l am thin and small. I silently prayed for my safety and thank God that Ms. Hoodie is alive and well and of course the Park family.

*****

I woke up when I heard the rush hour traffic in the morning. The horns of the cars doesn't stop even if the traffic's flowing.

I stretch my aching body because of sleeping while sitting. I sluggishly walk inside the shelter and sleepily smile at the volunteers.

"Goodmorning." I greet.

"Mornin sweetheart. You better move your ass. Breakfast time is almost finish."

I gave Miss Moonbyul a thumbs up. I again ask for the volunteer's help to wash the blanket I used.

I decided to skip showering and just brush my teeth and change undergarments. My clothes is still clean. I don't want to waste soap and detergent. I never went to any supermarkets but I bet they are expensive.

I walk back to the canteen then Miss Moonbyul gave me my peanut butter Sandwich, water and
milk. I thank her then sat down to one of the empty tables.

I greeted the people around me. I ask one elder man if he wants to take the half of my sandwich because I think he needs it more.

The elder man shyly accepts my offer and thank me. I never have any friends here at the shelter except Miss Moonbyul because my shelter mates are changing constantly and the volunteers are different every day.

When I went back to Miss Moonbyul to get my lunch. She gave my lunch then stops me.

"Hey honey." She hand me a pen and paper.

"Our benefactor was asking all our wish list for Christmas. You can write three.!"

Oh. Boy. l am so excited. My guardian angels are giving presents this Christmas! I really love them.

Wait.

I need to write it.

Oh no.

I thank Miss Moonbyul and promised her I'll give mine this evening.

While I was walking towards central park I mull on what will l write on my wishlist.

I did not notice that I already arrive at the park.

My playmates are there so we played for a little while. I greet their parents and some of them even knows my name! I am so happy.

We played tag and pretend tea parties.

Once my playmates went home and its already way past lunch time. I went to my favorite spot and sat down. I look up and l am surprise to see that Ms. Hoodie is there.

She's early.

I stand up again and dust off my dress.

I walk up to her. Once my shadow overshadows her, Ms. Hoodie looks up.