Part II

Imani's POV:

"Are there any down sides?"

I asked as I picked up a few fries off of my plate and dipped it in ketchup. Placing it in my mouth closing my eyes while enjoying the crisp salty taste.

"It'll be more work for you if it happens" He said while he folded his muscular arms across his chest as he leaned back in the booth keeping his eyes on me.

"But I get a pay upgrade" I countered as I let a smug smile plaster itself across my face.

"You have a beautiful smile"

He said while I closed my eyes in response as I grinned. If I was white I would be cherry red at this moment. I would blush so hard.

"Thank you, but what exactly do you mean by more work?" I questioned raising an eyebrow at him as I picked up more fries off of my plate and munched on them.

These are too good

"If the deal with expanding our services with CGIT goes through you'll be corresponding with their lead project manager like yourself"

He explained but honestly it didn't sound like too much for me to handle so I feel like it wasn't that big of a deal.

"And you'll help come up with budgets for the total expansion cost, attend more meetings, create a timeline, and layout requirements for both companies all within 12 weeks" He finished and I stared at him with wide eyes as he flashed me an 'I'm sorry' expression.

"12 weeks!? Who came up with that timeline?" I asked not even bothering to look back at my fries.

He cleared his throat as he sat upright and looked directly at me making me fidget in my seat.

"Me"

He answered and went back to folding his arms across his chest not seeming to be bothered by all the women gawking at him from their tables since he walked through the doors.

"The one time you could've not done your job, you decided to do it"

I retorted while I rolled my eyes at him and he only chuckled in response.

"I did it because you are great for the job" He answered while cheesing at me as the waitress walked over to our table.

"Can I get the bill please?"

He asked not taking his eyes off me as I gave him an annoyed look and the waitress nodded as she went to go get it while he pulled out his titanium card placing it on the table.

"I should rob you for that" I suggested as he rolled his eyes at my comment.

Sassy

"I have school Vince and as much as I love money I can't do all that work by myself" I complained and he gave me a warm smile as the waitress placed the bill down on the table as he happily handed her his card.

She walked away with his card as we began stacking our separate plates together and moving our glasses to one side of the table.

"I know that's why I came up with a perfect solution" He answered as he took my stack of plates and his and placed them in the center of the table.

"What?"

I questioned as I began wiping away any crumbs or stains that we may have left on the table.

"You won't be alone you'll be talking to CGIT's lead project manager and you'll both have teams" He answered as the waitress finally came back and handed him his card which he placed in his pocket but not before sticking his tongue out at me.

"That's not too bad but I'll have to babysit a bunch of people" I sighed as we both got up and made our way to the door.

He walked in front and stepped to the side to open the door for me. I thanked him and we began walking taking our time to enjoy the quick break from work.

"You won't be babysitting full-grown adults"

He said as we walked side by side along the streets passing all the restaurants and stores even some couples displaying a little too much PDA.

How is that not embarrassing?

"Okay but what if we don't get along?" I asked trying to find every excuse not to do this as it was gonna cause me to grey at twenty-one.

"You and him will get along great" He chuckled as we started to make our way back to the parking area.

"We'll be alright wouldn't say great"

I shrugged feeling the cool breeze on my face as I heard a car door slam behind me. I turn around to find out who got their coffee pissed in. I glanced around and see a man making his way into the bank across the street. I didn't get to see his face because he was faced away from me. I turned back around and kept making my way to the parking area with Vince.

I look over to Vince who seemed to have a blank expression on his face he kept his head straight as he walked.

He didn't hear it

We arrived back at Vince's car we both got in and he still held the door for me.

Chivalry isn't dead after all

He drove off back towards the office. On the ride there I looked out the window watching the leaves line the sides of the streets with magical shades of orange, red, and brown.

How fast can these 12 weeks go by?