Chapter 78: Confession

Start from the beginning

After tangling like this for a full minute, Xue Jue hesitated in the end and said, "Do you remember what I asked you before going to bed last night?"

"..." Zu Qi was stunned, staring at Xue Jue strangely for a while before whispering, "Remember."

Xue Jue didn't seem to believe it, and raised the corners of his mouth. There was more ridicule in his beautiful eyes. He continued to ask: "What did I ask?"

Zu Qi answered truthfully: "You ask me if I like you."

Xue Jue didn't expect that Zu Qi would say something that pressed his heart like a boulder so easily. For a moment, his expression was unpredictable, and his body subconsciously showed a state of tension.

If Zu Qi leaned against Xue Jue's chest, he would hear his heart beating fiercely as if he was beating a drum.

It's a pity that Zu Qi couldn't hear it. In fact, he was nervous at this moment to the point of being overwhelmed. On the surface, he looked calm and breezy, but inside he wanted to turn into a snowflake on the spot and melt into the snow below his feet.

He even regretted saying this directly...

What if Xue Jue refuses him?

Zu Qi couldn't imagine how embarrassing such a scene would be, and it was strange to hear that they were about to enter the palace of marriage, even if they had children, they still maintained the relationship with strangers...

The more Zu Qi thought about it, the more desperate he became. The bad mood was like a roaring sea breeze, overwhelming him, drowning him from head to toe in the blink of an eye, and he didn't even have a chance to breathe.

In just a few seconds, he had already thought about the ending of Xue Jue being driven out of the house after the confession failed.

Otherwise, forget it...

Just assume that nothing has happened.

Zu Qi thought with loss, but before he could find a suitable excuse, he suddenly heard Xue Jue's low voice mixed with the sound of the wind floating: "Then what is your answer now?"

Hearing that, Zu Qi was struggling for a moment, but still gritted his teeth: "Actually, after getting along for so long, I find that I like you quite a lot."

After finishing this sentence in one breath, Zu Qi seemed to be a vented ball, hoisting his head pitifully, and didn't even have the strength to look up at Xue Jue.

Worse still, Xue Jue didn't react at all, as if he hadn't heard him at all.

Just as Zu Qi was thinking about whether to drive around, Xue Jue's gentle laughter sounded in his ears, and then his hands stretched out to grab his wrist.

It's just that those hands are too cold, and the fingertips are icy temperature.

Xue Jue did not dare to hold Zu Qi's hand directly, but gently grabbed his wrist through his clothes, and then slightly hardened Zu Qi, who was caught off guard, exclaimed, and was taken into a embrace in the next second.

Zu Qi was flattered. He opened his mouth slightly and even forgot to breathe. He instinctively wanted to stand up straight, but Xue Jue was pressed into his arms again, so he heard the sound of Xue Jue's heart beating violently.

Bang-dong, bang-dong, bang-dong--

It seemed to coincide with the sound of his heartbeat.

"Do you want to know my answer?" Xue Jue's voice is still steady, but you can hear the trembling of the tail by listening carefully, not knowing whether it is nervous or purely because of cold.