Chapter 5 ~ Caffeine Headache Pt 1

It had been days since the Camila incident, she keeps calling and Shawn keeps sending her to voicemail. She's reached out to everybody on Shawn's team but they have all been given strict instructions by Shawn to "ghost and go" Which means say nothing and move on. Shawn sat alone on the bed of his hotel room in Brooklyn. He had moved hotels voluntarily after the disturbance the night he found out about Camila cheating. It was 3:30 am and Shawn sat quietly pondering what to do at that moment. He had stayed off all social media since the tag Shamilaisover made it to number one the night the picture leaked. He was trying to tastefully find the way to announce the couple's split.

Coffee...he needed coffee. There was a cute, little, cozy 24/7 cafe just down the street from his hotel. On a Tuesday at this hour the streets would hopefully be destitute. He grabbed his sneakers, his phone, a jean jacket and his wallet and made his way out the door. Surely a chocolate pastry and a black coffee would clear his mind. He made his way into Cafe Delaurentis and seated himself. The smell of coffee filled his nostrils, the heat from all the pastries baking made the small cafe warm. Even though it was in fact three am in November Shawn was still surprised at how chilly it was chilly. Soft music played and it was dimly lit. He sat facing a big picture window that looked out into the streets of Brooklyn.

A waitress came to take Shawn's order. "Hiya, name's Edna but my friends call me Edie. What can I get ya darling?" She asked "Hi, can I please have a black coffee, aaaand a double chocolate chip muffin." Shawn asked his eyes scanning the menu. "Sure thing sweetie I'll be right back." She said and disappeared. Shawn's head just absolutely swarmed, it was to a point that it had been going on for so long that it was making him physically uneasy because no matter what he couldn't escape it, when will this end? Should he talk to Camila? A million thoughts flooded his head, so much so he didn't realize Edie had returned. "Sweetie?" Edna said and Shawn snapped out of it. "Sorry?" Shawn asked in case he missed Edie speaking to him "I said "What are you doing out this late sweetie?" The older lady inquired "Ahh you know, just need to think." Shawn answered "He figured that would take care of the conversation, but no "About what" Edna asked "I'm a mom I know there's something up" She pressed "Ahhh" Shawn started, a defeated smile broke across his face...the jig was up. "I really just need to clear my head, relationship drama" Shawn said sipping his coffee. "I see, well in my opinion if it's putting you through this much anguish that you're out searching for coffee at 3 am then it's probably not worth it." She said, He was thankful that Edie didn't know who he was. He was just a troubled patron to her, not world renowned pop star Shawn Mendes.

"Well, I should get back before the cook loses his head, but if you ever wanna chat you know where to find me." Edie said gesturing to the countertop by the kitchen doors. "Thanks Edie!" Shawn said Before Edna disappeared again. Shawn sat quietly at the table by himself in the quiet shop. Suddenly it got really dark outside and it started to pour! "Awe man." Shawn said, he forgot that the weather said it was going to rain, but he didn't plan on being out at 3am getting coffee when it did. The hotel wasn't far from the coffee shop but with how hard it was raining he was definitely going to get soaked. He wasn't tired so he figured he would just hang out until it stopped. He was staring down into his coffee when he heard a bell chime, he figured someone had just come in. He didn't even bother looking up, even when the new patron passed by him until he heard the sweetest voice he'd ever heard. "Hi Edie how ya doing?" she asked, now Shawn stared at her from behind. "Oh my goodness honey what are you doing out this late in this weather...and where are your clothes?" Edie exclaimed " All Shawn could see her wearing was a short tan peacoat that came down to about the middle of her thigh. It revealed her long, toned tan legs. Which were accentuated by the black 5 inch heels that she wore. Camila had a pair just like it. Shawn just stop, it's over.