Party in the USA

Simmons led the way, brandishing his (fake) government ID like he used it every day. Tom came after him, cool and calm with his shades on. Cade, however, fumbled with his badge, eyes darting all over the place. He hated this monkey suit. Tom and Simmons were used to it, but Cade missed his T-shirt and jeans.

Five minutes ago, before they got out of the car, he had stressed how this was not a good plan. 

"Drift tracked the bracelet to this government building," said Simmons, sliding his sunglasses on over his eyes.

"Yeah, but it's not like Lennox is going to be lounging about in the lobby, rolling the thing between his hands, waiting for us to grab it, is it?!" Cade hissed back.

"Boys," said Tom, "We have to start somewhere," and he got out of the car and made for the front door.

"I have some tricks up my sleeve," Simmons tapped his smart watch, "So don't worry."

Cade rolled his eyes, "We are so going to federal prison," he mumbled to himself. Then he followed them in. 

But he needn't have worried about that. He should have worried about something else entirely. Before the three men in suits had even made it half way across the large white lobby, the whole structure shook violently. A deep snarl reverberated around them. Screams erupted as as a huge black claw tore a hole in to the wall. Tom, Cade and Simmons threw themselves under the nearest desk.

"I demand to see the commander!" Megatron's distinctive blood curdling voice filled the lobby, rising over the screams.

"Now what?" spat Cade, "We have no weapons, no autobot backup!" He pulled at the stupid tie round his neck. Glass shattered and Megatron roared.

Simmons sat calmly, "Now we wait. The TRF division will retaliate or give Megatron the bracelet."

"And which scenario is best for us?" asked Tom, like they were in a board meeting.

"Both sound pretty bad to me!" Said Cade.

"If they give him the bracelet, we'll at least see it," said Simmons, "The autobots can track Megatron and get it back."

"Or we can intercept the handover," said Tom.

"Hello?! Can you hear me?" Cade put a hand over his face, "We can't go up against Megatron like this."

Tom shrugged. He would get that bracelet for Ruby or die trying. What was the point in living without her anyway?

"Listen," said Simmons, and he turned his head, concentrating.

The building had stopped being torn apart. Megatron had stopped his assault. His booming footfalls headed away.

"They're leading him off somewhere," said Simmons, jumping to his feet; "Quick, we need to follow!"

"I don't think we quite need to," said Cade, "In fact, I suggest running the other way,"

But Tom hoisted himself over the desk and followed Simmons quickly through the carnage. Cade jogged to catch up.

"Look at this mess!" he cried. It was as if an earthquake and a nuclear missile had hit at the same time. Chunks of building were everywhere, water gushed from burst pipes, people moaned and cried through the dust. 

"We should help these people!"

"No time!" said Simmons. He had his game face on now; "We help them by helping Ruby. We get that bracelet. This way!"

Simmons led Tom and Cade deeper into the building, where the corridors were still intact but alarms shrieked and people ran for the doors. 

"How do you know where we're going?"