Blue on Blue

At the manor, everyone looked up at the garage wall where Bumble Bee projected a picture onto it. Drift had sent the image to them after his radars picked up an energon signature, alarmingly similar to Megatron's. The image, taken from above and zoomed in by many frames, showed a metallic horn curving out of the ground deep in the Middle Eastern mountains. One blurry figure stood next to it.

"What is that?" said Lennox, squinting at it.

"Have you seen anything like that before?" Cade said to Simmons.

"Looks alien to me," he replied, then squinted at it; "Is that a transformer standing next to it?"

"It doesn't look familiar to us either, and yeah, probably Megatron," said Hound. He tossed an enormous bullet back and forth in his hands.

"Megatron is dead, isn't he?" said Hot Rod, spitting oil on the floor.

"That bugger has a knack for coming back to life, it's no shock," Simmons replied.

On the other side of the call, stuck in a spaceship hurtling for the aforementioned horn, Grimlock made a guttering noise in his throat, followed by "Grim.Lock." 

"Oh look, the old dinosaur has something to say," said Crosshairs flatly. He crossed his arms. He stood at the back of the garage, leaning against the wall. He did not care about finding Ruby, or the weird horns growing out of this darn planet.

Optimus' voice came over the call; "He is older than all of us. He might know what it is."

"Spit it out, then," Crosshairs snapped.

The huge T-rex robot growled. "Uuuunnn. Grim.Lock."

He went silent. Lennox, Cade and Simmons exchanged uncertain looks. 

"Well this is getting us nowhere," said Hound. 

"Wait," came Drift's voice, "We may be able to find a way for him to communicate it to us."

"And what about Ruby?" said Cade, "How do we know if Quintessa has anything to do with this horn thing, or if she took Ruby there?"

"It's the only lead we have," said Simmons, "It gives me something to work with." He pulled out his phone and started tapping away, "Someone in some government agency somewhere has to have noticed this by now. I'll see what I can find out." 

"GRIMLOCK!" The prehistoric alien suddenly shouted.

"I think he agrees," Simmons nodded to himself, still fixated on his phone.

Loud knocking noises and static crackled over the line.

"Maybe he doesn't agree," said Lennox, "Are you guys okay? Are you under attack?"

"Grimlock shook his neck like a snake and rattled the ship," Drift explained.

"Uuuuuun. Grim." He coughed.

"No don't barbecue us!" cried Drift.

"Guys, what is going on in that ship?!" said Cade.

"Grimlock is clearing his throat," said Optimus, "He accidentally shot flames at us."

"Uuuuni. Grim."

"Come on buddy," said Cade, like he was talking to a puppy rather than an alien dinosaur; "You can do it, you can say it."

"Uuuunic. GRIM!" They heard him stamp his huge clawed feet. Then, he finally bellowed: "UNICRON!"

"Huh? What's a Unicron?" said Hound.