Chapter 6 | Beautiful Mistake

Your phone vibrates from the bedside table and that wakes you up from your slumber. You reach for your mobile but you're still laying down. It's just your silent alarm therefore you turn it off, then stir to the side to take another five minutes of nap. You're not alone in this bed and so you put your arm over your girl's waist, thinking she is still asleep.

Wait, I wasn't able to go to Wilhemina last night.

It took you a moment to realize that you're not with your girlfriend. You freak out by getting out of bed quickly but your top is missing, you cover them with your arms while you look at the person's back. As curiosity gets you, you try to recall what happened last night then you carefully walk around the bed to get to the other side to check whom did you sleep with last night.

It's Lana. Judging by yours and her nakedness, something did happen last night but you just can't remember it clearly. It was like a memory gap at some point. "Oh no, I slept with Lana. Wilhemina's gonna kill me." You whisper to yourself and your hand flies on your forehead while thinking about what you did.

You enter the bathroom to take a bath and relax your mind. While you're taking a shower, you heard the door of your room open and close. It seems like Lana left. After a while, you pick up your clothes and put them in your bag.

After you put your things in your duffle bag, you leave your room to head in front of Lana's door and knock. She opens the door and her lips draw a broad smile. "Hey." When her eyes lay upon you, she greets you quickly.

"Hey, I just want to check if you're ready to go." You have your bag in your hand while your lips are fully stretched into a thin smile.

In return, Lana nods her head and steps aside to let you in. "I'm just finishing putting some stuff in my bag, it won't take long." After she closes the door, she goes back to her bed to fold some of her clothes and place them inside her bag.

While she's busy, your mind keeps on flying out of your head. "Hey, so uhm, I can't exactly recall what happened last night but I remember something you said." Your mouth speaks on its own, subconsciously vocalizing what you're thinking.

It gathers her attention while she's continuing what she's doing. "What is it?" She replies as she's zipping up her bag.

Your grip on your duffle bag's handle tightens as you're disappointed in yourself that you speak. You inhale deeply to calm yourself before you open your mouth once again. "You said that you still love me. I don't know if it's the truth or you only said it because you were drunk but you and I can't happen, not anymore. So, after we present this magazine, I want us to go back into our own lives separately."

After that long dialogue, you can't look at her in her eyes and it bothers you to say those things to her. However, there's this quiet moment as she did not respond to your statement. The only noise in the room is the aircon machine running.

"Wilhemina's hiding something from you, she's not as good as you think she is."

Those words made you face her eyes. Your brows are pulled down while your eyes are quite narrow. "What? What are you saying." You're slightly scoffing as you can't believe what she just said. "Look, I don't know why you said that but don't you dare judge Wilhemina." You turn your feet around and you grab the doorknob. "I'm going ahead now. Thanks for everything and forget anything that happened to us last night."

You head out of her room and go to the lobby to return your keys. As you're waiting for a cab in front of the hotel, you're still furious about what happened a few minutes ago. To calm you down, you take a lungful of air while your head is tipped upwards. It looks like the weather report was right, the sky is finally cloudy and it's a lovely morning. The morning breeze also greets you as it winds up against your skin.