DAMIANO - reading poems

A/N:
this one is a sweet one :)

In this story, Damiano comes back home to you, and you read some poems to him, your love for each other growing in the process.
————————————————————————

"Amore, I'm home!" I heard my boyfriend Damiano call from the door of our shared apartment.

"Hey babe, can you come here? I don't wanna move." I called back to him. I was lying on the couch, buried under a heap of my literature textbooks, making it very difficult to get up.

After taking off his shoes, he walked up to the couch I was lying on, and instantly frowned. "Still studying, y/n? You've been studying since 9 in the morning, and it's like, 6:30 now," He walked closer and pushed some of the books off the couch so he could sit next to me.

"Yeah, the literature exam is in two weeks. Gotta be ready." I answered. As he sank down on the couch, I shifted my position so that I was lying on his left shoulder, his arms wrapping around my body like a burrito. The warmth from his arms spread around my body, giving me a sense of safety and relaxation that I so craved.

"Read some of that to me, will you? I'm tired to the bone from today's rehearsals" Damiano threw his head back, letting out a long sigh of relief.

"What, this one?" I asked, waving the book I currently held in my hands.

He nodded, and read the cover of the book out loud. "A collection of Shakespeare's most famous poems"

"Huh, didn't know you knew how to read." I joked.

Damiano rolled his eyes in mock annoyance. "Just read it, dummy." He said to me.

I opened up the book to a random page and landed on Shakespeare's sonnet 18. "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate..." I read aloud the first line. And while I did so, I heard a light chuckle from the man holding me.

"What?" I asked, curious.

"No, no" he shot his champion smile at me "I just think that Shakespeare must've written this line for you, y/n"

"Yeah, sure," I replied. If anything, he should've been the one Shakespeare was writing about. He was always drop dead gorgeous. I mean, he literally had the entire continent of Europe falling for him after his performance on Eurovision. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm ever good enough for a man as beautiful as him.

Seeing how unenthusiastic my reply to his comment was , he frowned for a second. Then to my surprise, he grabbed onto both sides of my face and pressed his lips to mine. My breath caught in my throat from the shock, but soon I leaned in, kissing him back lovingly.

The sun was setting outside the window, casting a warm golden glow on both of our faces as we kissed passionately. This feels like a scene from a romance book, I can't help but think.

When the kiss ended, Damiano still held my body tightly to his. He opened his eyes slowly. His irises, which were usually a warm shade of hazelnut brown, became pools of liquid gold under the setting sun, gleaming, shimmering. He held up a hand to caress my cheek, as softly as a summer breeze would.

"Oh y/n," he murmured under his breath "You. Have. No. Idea. How. Beautiful. You. Are. Your laugh is as refreshing as summer rain; each time you smile, it makes me feel all warm inside, as if you were a sun that shone personally for me." He continued, his now golden eyes staring intently into mine.

"Y/n, you are MY eternal summer."

It's when he says things like these, I knew I had chosen the right person.

————————————————————————
i've always adored literature, so writing this one was quite special to me

you can submit requests here: