Chapter 26

Izuku hated to admit it, but Bakugou was right. Izuku slept through almost the whole day.

When he got back to the house (surprisaly, without getting attacked), he immediately fall asleep.

And this time, there were no nightmares, no villain attacks, nothing.

It was so, so quiet.

Aizawa and mic didn't wake him up, but they did questioned him when he did.

"Why'd you wake up at 5 pm?"

Izuku, tired Izuku, replied with an honest answer.

"I.... I was really tired from training the last few days. I barely slept" wasn't a lie.

Luckily, they didn't ask him when he went to sleep, and they didn't know he sneak out.

The whole day, Izuku just relaxed.

Aizawa and mic decided to go out, apparently. Izuku thought they went on a date, even though they insisted they were going to their "hero work."

"There's no break to such strong heroes like us!" He remembered Mic saying before Aizawa dragged him out.

So, they trusted Izuku enough to let him stay home.

It was pretty late, but he loved the quiet. It let him time to think.

It made him think and regret his actions.
He shouldn't have asked Bakugou for help. It was stupid, and it's going to be really bad, and it was the worst idea ever.

But still, Bakugou is somehow probably the only one who could help.

Izuku went to sleep early that night.

From 16 years of Living, it was rare when he got a good night sleep.

And this night, he got it.

Again, there were no nightmares, and no quirk attacks on him. (Even though he started to think that every nightmare he had was a quirk attack.)

He got up easily, and was for some reason in a good mood.

"Someone's happy" mic laughed as Izuku sprinted down the stairs, skipping some.

"Oh- I... I just had a really good night sleep, you know? A good one can make you happy for the whole day- or for the morning, or something like that" Izuku tried to explain.

"Uh... sure, kid- just eat your breakfast, we'll wait in the car" mic said as he put a plate of eggs on the table, then walking away.

Izuku ate his breakfast, (surprisingly, he doesn't usually eat breakfast) and hurried to the car, not wanting to piss off mic and Aizawa for running late.

When he got closer to the car, he saw from the window that they were talking. Not the casual conversation they have most of the time- but a more serious one.

The second Izuku opened the door, they stopped, and immediately started driving, not even waiting for Izuku to put his seatbelt on.