Chapter 10

Izuku really, really, REALLY hates questions.

He was taken to the police station, and was sat in a closed room, sitting on a uncomfortable chair, and he needed to answer questions. They weren't random like the questions of the blonde man that wanted to start a conversation, those were a bit more personal.

"Is your full name Izuku midoriya?"

"Yeah, obviously."

"Are your parents Inko midoriya and Hisashi midoriya?"

"......yes." He hesitated a bit when he heard his parent's name.

They kept asking him personal questions. Like the school he went to before his parents "homeschooled" him (they never actually homeschooled him. He managed to buy books with money he found on the streets and go to the library a lot to study. But he actually preferred that instead of coming back to his school, which was a living hell as well.) they asked some more questions about his parents, and his address, some of his childhood, and other many questions. He answered them honestly, but kept his answers short and quick. He saw that the cop wasn't satisfied with some of his answers, but he wasn't ordered to answer them again.

"Do you know what caused the explosion of your old house?"

He knew. Of course he knew. But what would happened if he'll tell the truth? Would the cop be mad? Would they put him in jail? What would happen when they'll find out that everything that happened was his fault?

"....no."

"Are you lying?"

"....."

Of course he was lying. It was so obvious. It took him more time to answer this specific question than the others.

"Izuku, do you know the cause of the explosion?" He asked again. Izuku looked at his hands, staying a bit quiet.

"Not exactly."

"What does it mean?"

Well, he knew. But this answer wasn't totally a lie, and wasn't totally correct. He knew it was because of his quirk, but he didn't know why his quirk decided to appear just then.

"I.... I kind of know, but I didn't really understand.... and I barely remember."

"Was it caused by a villain?"

"No..."

"By your parents?"

"Not exactly-"

"Was it caused by you?"

Izuku... wanted to laugh a bit. To ask him how a quirkless kid could cause that explosion. He wanted to say that he didn't do anything wrong, that he was just a victim.

Just a victim...

"Kinda...."

"What do you mean?"

'Tell him about your quirk. Tell him about everything that happened, he might help you, he might find a way for you to control your quirk better-'