Chapter 17

The man ran down the hallway, paperwork in his hands, running too fast to see the people walking by, and trying not to trip over every wrong step he did.

He opened the door to find the women and the man he was looking for, but no child.

"Where- where is he?" The man- doctor, actually, asked.

"The kid? He's playing a bit in the toy's room, what about him?" The women asked, not a bit of interest in her voice.

"I found out the problem with his quirk" the doctor said and closed the door behind him, the man and the women sat straighter in their seats.

"Well, of course you did, he's quirkless. We figured it out ourselves. All the other kids got their quirks already more than half a year ago, he's not just late." The man- the father, said.

"It's not that. He's not quirkless" the doctor said and walked closer to them. "His quirk is strong, really strong" he said and took a chair from the side to seat "too strong to his body, so it needs it's time to get used to the kid's body, so it won't kill him. Dying by your own quirk is a terrible way to leave this world, and his brain knows that."

" 'his brain?' What brain? The kid is five years old, there's no brain to think about stuff other than crying and heroes and all that stuff" the women- the mother, said.

'How can I explain it better...' the doctor thought before speaking up again. "The kid's quirk has so much potential, but his body is too weak to handle it. The quirk can either be activated in a couple of years, or stay quiet until his body will get stronger than a five year old's" the doctor explained.

The parents, who probably understood, let a smile go on their faces. "A great potential?" The father asked. "What's the quirk, then?"

"Well, we haven't figured it out yet, but it's something strong. But if the quirk will wake up in the wrong time, it can either destroy the boy or destroy everything around him, or even both" the doctor said, but not as expected, the two parents didn't seem as much as worried as he thought they'll be.

"Well, there are many places that you can put him in.  Laboratory's that will help him control and develop his quirk, and other places owned by the government , and-"

"But what will they do with him? With my son?" The father interrupted.

"Well, we can't just let the kid go. We have a great opportunity for a big new hero, for a big symbol, or for a big threat to the villains, he-"

"Will he be transferred to there immediately? Without our permission?" The father asked.

"Well, of course not, but look at it that way- the kid has amazing potential, he can either grow to be an amazing person, but he needs the help that our research laboratories can give him, but of course he is your child and we need your permission to take him, but it can help him so much and you can visit him, of course-"

"You know what?" The father asked and stood up, the mother as well. "We're not interested in our child being sent to your stupid labs to do research on him. As his parents, we can't really allow it." The father said. "But it can help so much to-" "he's five years old, he cant even make his own decisions on anything." The mother said and walked to the play room to take her green haired kid. "But if he'll get the help he needs, he can-" "I think we've heard enough from you." The father said as the mother came back to them, the kid in her hands. And before the doctor could say anything, the two parents left.