Christmas Special

Christmas Special (Not part of the main story)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tartaglia

-

"Childe its s-so c-cold my fucking arms gonna fall off."

My boots plowed through the white snow blocking our path, the snowstorm whipping h/c locks of hair against my cheeks.

"I know girly, but were almost there, c'mon," Childe replied supportively.

Holding my arms to my chest, my teeth chattered away.

It was the holidays, and Childe had decided to bring me home with him to Snezhnaya to celebrate Christmas with his family.

After we'd gotten off the transport, Childe assured me the walk would be short and that his home was just over the hill, however, the abrupt snowstorm threw off our sense of direction entirely.

All the tree's looked the same and I could've sworn we'd passed that same rock before.

We were lost.

"Childe, seriously, just admit were lost and let's try and head back into town." I persuaded coldly, gripping at the scarf around my neck for comfort.

Childe peaked around to watch me with a sour look, a disapproving scowl evident on his face from my doubtful tone.

I cocked a brow knowingly, the shiver of my limbs making me appear much less confident than expected as a sympathetic gaze crossed his features.

"Alright, alright, let's find shelter until this storm passes," he agreed.

"Oh, thank archons," I sighed relieved.

As if on que, the snow cleared up just ahead of us, minorly, to reveal a glowing inn covered in hanging icicles and snow-covered tiles.

"Looks like there's an inn just up ahead, let's check it out," my shivering finger pointed ahead.

Childe nodded before swinging an arm over my shoulder and ushering my frozen form forward.

-

Barging through the front door, Childe and I were greeted with burning candles and a warm atmosphere.

It was a cozy little inn, filled with comfort and cheery colors that would bring a smile to anyone's face.

"Welcome!" Childe and I turned our attention to a bright woman behind a marble counter, her brown hair perfectly curled over her slim shoulders. "What can I do for you?" Her soft voice asked.

"Room for two please." I did my best to keep a calm demeanor, even though I wanted to run to the nearest fireplace for comfort.

"Sure thing," she fished a key out from a drawer beside her. "That'll be a hundred-twenty."

A hundred and twenty mora for one night? What was this a highway robbery? Archons.

I looked to Childe with raised brows.

It's not that I was expecting him to pay, but... okay I was definitely expecting him to pay. I was broke as shit and he was the one who invited me on this damned trip.

Childe didn't look to phased, pulling a pouch of mora from his hip and tossing it to the counter.

"Thank you!" She smiled sweetly, handing over the key from earlier.