Chapter 33: Silliness.

Start from the beginning

I eyed Shannon and nodded to her before she closed the door. Comprehending that sign of her that maybe I should tell him, right now.

Fiddling my fingers and starting to think about how I will deliver it to Damian. It's not that easy to tell him, of course, but we've been almost four months in this relationship and maybe he will understand everything.

Aside from those months, we've known each other since then. I was about to open my mouth to speak but Damian interrupted me. "You know, Kate, Emman and you have the same nose," He said and looked at me. Though my hair was tied up in a messy bun, I feel like I was under the sun. Hyperventilating, forming beads of sweat on my forehead and I'm utterly stuck in my position. "...and to tell you she also has the shape of your face." He smirks.

My eyes blinked repeatedly. I took a deep breath and moved closer to him. "Damian, did you ever think that you and Emman have the same eyes?" I asked him as if I'm curious about it.

He chuckled. "Oh, yeah! We've been compared about that last time. They thought she's my daughter because we have similarities." He said and looked down at Emman again. He stared at Emman for a second seems like he was thinking something.

"What would our baby look like if he or she is still alive?" He said wonderingly.

Emman moved, creasing her brows with her eyes still closed. I moved closer to her. "Mom? M-mom..." I rubbed her arm as she turned to the other side. I cooed her like a baby. "Mom, s-stop crying n—now..." Emman said somewhat turning into a small sob.

"She's still grieving about her mom," Damian commented and helped me cooing Emman to stop. If you knew Damian the mom she's referring to is me.

My heart is throbbing as if it would jump out of my chest. Not only I'm trying to say something to him but I'm getting anxious about Emman who's having a bad dream, maybe of me of what happened earlier. I moved closer to Emman as Damian moved also to give me space.

I held Emman's head to face me. "Shhhh...stop now baby..., everything's fine now," Emman fluttered her eyes open. She stared at me blankly at first as she sniffles from her crying. "I'm okay, don't be a worry. I'm okay. " I soothingly rubbed her arms. "Mommy's here and I will never leave you anymore."

"I don't want to see you like that Mom. Never." She furrows and hugged me, crying. Her head was buried in the crook of my shoulder as I rubbed her back to calm her down. Later on, as I sensed she was calm and breathes lightly, I gently laid her back on her bed leaving a kiss on her temple. I sighed in relief, seeing her sleeping silently. It's really hard for me to do such things as this as a mother. You have to cover yourself or fake some destructive emotions in able for them not to witness the breakdown you are into. It gives them a traumatic memory of you being hurt and it hurts them too. Now I have to be careful.

I stood up and turn my heels as I face Damian that looked confused. A questioning stare from him hits me. I almost forgot I have to tell him this.

"I have to tell you something Damian," I sighed, slightly feeling the same way when I perform on stage. "It's about us and Emman." I pointed to Emman.

Damian just stood there. "She called you Mom, that slightly gives me surprise," He sounded sarcastic but his face turned into a serious one. "I'm watching you there, cooing her like you're the mother." He took a deep breath, pausing. "So, I was right all along that I've seen her with you. Is she..?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yes," I flatly said.

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place, Kate?" He questioned.

"I'm not that strong enough," I said. "What if you denied or refused her, us? I was afraid that time, Damian. But now, that I saw and proved your sincerity."