Chapter 30: The only One word.

After the long evening of celebrating Emman's 11th birthday which turns out a, well, and good. Emman gets so exhausted as now, she's asleep, resting her head on my lap as I slightly caressing her curly end hair. Gabby sat beside me as she rested her dizzy head on my shoulder. Shannon, Markus are tipsy too and Johnny drives them home. Dad and David stay at Angela's house here. Actually, that's at the opposite of my house.

Damian drove as home. Once he parked at the front of my house, Gabby got out first as Damian helped me with Emman. I headed in first, followed by Gabby who's holding and shaking her head to ease a little dizziness she have. Damian, carrying my daughter and initiatively headed to Emman's room.

"Kate," Gabby whispered groggily. "I know your house is huge," She said. "But can I sleep at Emman's room tonight?" She asked.

"Ah, sure. No problem."

We both headed to Emman's room as we both saw Damian tucked Emman in her bed. Gabby and I stood for a moment at the door, watching Damian staring at Emman confusingly with something in his mind. Does he have the doubt of Emman and I? Damian let out a sighed and stands up. He saw us standing at the door. "You're already there?" He asked.

"Y-yeah, like forever." Gabby said jokingly.

"Ah," Damian smirked and eyed me.  "She needs to sleep, now."

I gestured Gabby towards Emman's bed as she walks and slumped on there. "Thanks Kate. Good night!" She muttered.

"Come here," I took Damian's hand. We headed out from Emman's door and I closed it behind. I stand a little not far from the door, leaning at the wall. "It's a long night and I did have fun too with your nieces." He said.

"And thanks for helping me with her." I said, crinkling my nose. He taps my nose. "Don't do that."

"I can't resist you if you're doing those smiles Kate." He said as our face gets closer. "You're so irresistible," I bit my lips.  He smirks, his signature smirk which I find so seducing and mesmerizing.

I pouted, squinting my eyes playfully. "Then, stop that," I wrapped my arms over his neck as his arms now over my waist, hugging it.  We stayed staring and his lips meet mine then. I kissed him back as he broke it, placing a smile on his face. 

"It's late."

I nodded. "hmm., are you staying?" I asked, staring straight into his eyes that really looked like Emman's.

He took a back. "Nope, I need to wake up early tomorrow. Andrea is on leave and I need to be early." He explained.

I pouted. "I miss you, you know." I said.

He leans closer again to me and kissed me passionately.  My heart sunk as I don't want him to stop. His lips that still have the taste of sweetness of the wine we've drank earlier. His soft lips that I've missed for the long time.

"Kate??" Someone's raspy little voice cuts us and made us to stare to each other in confused. We both spun our head along Emman's door where she was there, standing, watching us as she rubs her sleepy eyes. "Kate," she said again. I sighed with the thought I have and really need to let Damian go for the night. "Why are you still here? Gabby snoring woke me up." She whines like about to cry because of it. I walked towards her and cupped her little adorable cheek with my right hand. I lean a kissed on her forehead. Damian stands beside her and kissed her temple. "Good night Emman. Happy birthday." He looked up to me and smiled, turning his body as I waved. "Good night, babe." I said to Damian and I escorted Emman into her room again. I tucked her in again in her bed as Gabby was on the other side, sleeping with her stomach under. Emman's right, she's snoring but not that so loud.  Emman just wanted me beside her, wanting my tenderness and I know she just want to cuddle someone.

"Kate," Emman said. Her sleepy eyes tell that she needs it. "Please, lay her beside me. Cuddle me...." She said sweetly like a baby whose eager to be caress by her loving mother and yes, I'm her mother and whatever she request, even small or big, I will give it as much as I could.

I lay down beside her and moved closer; wrapping my long arms to her and to be exact I've noticed that she's growing. She's eleven now. "I love you my baby."

She buried her head at the crook of my shoulder. "I love you, always and forever,  Mom."

Though my eyes are already attempting to close, I shut it open. The only light that lit up the room was just the lampshade above the nightstand beside Emman's bed. My heartbeat starts to pump so fast again. Excitedly, glad, and overwhelmed. My feelings that overflowed by what I've heard. My eyes started to weeps and the tears that flowed down to my cheeks drops on the tip on my daughter's nose. Her eyes were close and I thought that she's having her post sleep talking again but it's not what I have observed. She usually mumbles if she's about to sleep.

The tear that dropped on her nose made her tickle as she opened her eyes, flickering as she focus and staring at me, wondering-ly. "Why are you crying? You don't want me to call you that?" She asked. "I'm sorry," She wiped the strained tears on my cheek.  "I always made you upset and cry."

My mind burst of emotions. She really means it and she's not even half asleep because she's really wide awake though sleepy.  My lips quiver. A sob like laugh let out from my mouth, tears still flowing and i can't stop it. She really called me Mom!

"M-mo.... --I mean Kate?" She pouted and about to cry.

"No, no, no...," I shook my head. "I want to hear you call me M---"

"Mom?" she cuts me and smiled as I smiled back and embraced her tightly.

"That's sounds so great!" I said. "I'm so happy right now," I faced her. "I can't compare that word to all the songs that I've wrote all this time. It's a melody that no matter how noisy the place is I can still find it beautiful and perfect." I cried.

"Really?" She flushed. "...I'm about to call you mom like I've been here but I'm finding the perfect time and today is--" She yawns and it's ended her explanation.

"--you need to sleep now baby." I chuckled tapping her nose. She crinkled it again like mine.

"Y-yeah," She said. "You distracted me by your tear falling on my nose, mom"

Oh my god! Can't get over it.

"Good night. I love you like all of the stars up there on the sky," I cuddled her.

"Same here, good night mom." She weakly said and buried her head on my chest. "Happy mother's day." she added and I realized that but almost forgot that today is mother's Day. I'm preoccupied of the thought to surprise her but it ended that I was surprise by her.  What a gift.

My heart sunk on every moment she called me Mom. This feeling, the feeling that you couldn't explain as it's overflowing like a water fall. I was like other mothers out there hearing their child for the first time saying a word. I was like that though that time that she was an infant and I wasn't there to hear her first word. Maybe it's Ma-ma, Da-da or what ever it is. But now, Mom  is the only word that made me feel like other mothers feel for the first time. 

A/N

Yay! There you go. She's officially a mother! Haha 
what do you think of this chapter? It's kinda short for me.. hehe

Thank you for all the reads and votes! Love you all! God bless!

Love love love 
ɧųɠҳı۷ų