They say the third time's a charm.

Tomorrow, the team would try again, but after that, Jimin wouldn't need to knock the ploy on the head because Yunhee was seriously ready to call it a day and suggest they come up with a contingency plan herself.

'You might wanna take that sweater off.'

Yunhee's thoughts materialised back to the present, the space between her eyebrows collapsing when Jimin - now completely shoeless - swung his legs over the fountain ledge and plunged them into the water.

'Why?' Yunhee asked, gripping the drawstrings of her hoodie as Jimin dipped his hand in and blindly patted along the slimy floor. 'It's freezing out.'

'You won't be freezing soon. Besides, if it gets ruined, I'll never hear the end of it,' he lightly chastised as his fingers halted in their quest. 'Ah, there it is.'

Ruined? Yunhee frowned as Jimin's arm sank deeper into the liquid depths.

His expression was determined, his bicep flexing as he tugged swiftly on whatever he'd found. The water ceased flowing from the cherub's lips, and then a stream of bubbles gurgled to the surface around his shins.

'Take your sweater off, and after my massage, I'll blow your mind with an orgasm,' Jimin instructed as the fountain started to drain. 'Oh, and grab a sledgehammer and get your arse in here.'

Still none the wiser to her boyfriend's hair-brained antics, Yunhee removed her jumper and shoes, rolled up the bottom of her jeans, and lifted one of the hammers before hoisting her leg into the basin.

'Careful, it's a bit slippy,' Jimin warned as he waded over. Hooking a palm beneath her elbow, he helped her step in while perversely ogling the peaks of her breasts in her strappy tank top. 'Phwoar, darling.'

'Jimin,' Yunhee whined, almost slipping on the greasy floor as she blew a strand of hair out of her eyes, 'what the fuck are we doing?'

Placing a pair of steadying hands on her waist, Jimin gently whirled her around to face the lichen covered cupid while he eyed it over her shoulder like some deadly opponent.

'I want you to smash its head off.'

Smash its head off? What the...? Oh...

A huge grin encompassed Yunhee's face as the water around their ankles filtered to nothing but a shallow pool.

Of course, Jimin had told her at the masquerade that his father had fitted the fountain when he was five and had dreamed of destroying the monstrosity ever since.

Maybe we should do that together someday.

On that starry night on Taehyung's balcony, when chemistry and universal law drew them together like a gravitational force, Yunhee never imagined that his heartfelt suggestion would one day become a reality.

All she knew was that if he kissed her there and then, she would die a happy woman.

Fuck Kim Taehyung and his piss poor timing.

'Let's do this.'

'That's my girl,' Jimin growled, securing her hips while she widened her stance to brace herself. 'Now, get a firm grasp on the handle, aim high and- whoa!' The mobster ducked when Yunhee swung at the angel's crotch and its tiny penis whizzed past his ear. 'You savage bitch! I said smash its head!'

'That is its head!' Yunhee argued as the mallet slid from her palms and plunked into the puddle.

Sniggering at her dirty mind, Jimin vaulted out of the reservoir to grab the other hammer before jumping back in. 'You might wanna stand back.'