Chapter 10 ❀ "little kid"

Start from the beginning

"Wha..." Todoroki trailed off.

Oh god damnit.

"No, no! That's not it at all!" The teen shook his head violently, pushing All Might's hand away from his hair in the process.

All Might chuckled.
He pulled the boy into a side hug while still ruffling his hair with his other hand.

"Well whatever is going on between you two, just do me a favor and look out for her for the next few days. She'll be weaker until her body finishes healing. I trust you'll keep her out of trouble until then. She seems to always find herself in some..." All Might trailed off, thinking about the numerous amount of times Amami had already gotten in trouble within the first week of school.

"I'm not her babysitter" Shoto growled. He pushed himself away from the pro hero, his hair messy and unkept looking thanks to the blonde's large rough hands.

All Might chuckled again.
"She is a pretty girl. It's okay to have these feelings, young Todor-"

Shoto huffed and turned around before All Might could finish his sentence.

Why do I, out of everyone, have to watch out for her?

And what feelings was All Might even talking about? Shoto Todoroki did not have any feelings towards Chihiro Amami.
The thought of having to feed or carry Amami's things during school was enough to irritate him already.
Even though he was now assigned as her temporary body guard; he had no idea where she even was. Last he heard she was still at the hospital.

Shoto kicked a few pebbles as he walked. The sun was beginning to have an orange hue, it was close to sunset. A single bird flew in front of him. It fluttered its wings quickly and slowly began to decend onto the concrete where he stood.

Todoroki watched as the bird looked up at him and tilted its beak.

"Mm?" He hummed.

The bird jumped back and forth on its feet.

"You hungry?"

The bird stopped.

"Thirsty?"

The bird spread out its wings and tweated.

Todoroki extended his right hand towards it. A clump of ice formed in his palm. He looked around himself first before bringing out his left hand and using the fire to melt the ice. Within a few seconds he had a formed a small puddle of water in his palm.

Shoto placed the back of his hand on the cement in front of the bird. Immediately it placed its beak in the water and began drinking. The tip of its beak gently rubbed against the crevices of his palm as it tried to slurp up as much water as possible.
Todoroki adjusted himself to sit on his knees so he could get a better look at the bird.

"Weren't you on your knees the last time I saw you?"

The half and half boy didn't even have to look up.

"Weren't you bleeding out the last time I saw you?" He retorted.

The bird continued to drink from his palm. He made sure to stay perfectly still just so he wouldn't scare it. This was the first positive interaction he's had with a living being all day.