Chapter 5 ❀ "Candycane"

Start from the beginning

Whatever her quirk was, it seemed that her eyes were a crucial part of it.

Maybe eye lasers?

No..no..Shoto would have remembered something so significant..

Then, all at once, the female figure turned to him.

And he wanted to punch himself in the face as soon as he saw those all too familiar plump lips and button nose.

Since the half and half boy couldn't see her eyes it was possible that she was just turning in his direction, but a small part of him knew that she was indeed looking at him.
He held his ground and stared into the shadowed portion of her face where her eyes should have been.

It was a bit off putting but he still stood his ground.

Then she started to walk towards him, quietly and slowly. Making her way past their other classmates with ease.
She didn't stop until she was only a few feet away from Shoto.

He audibly groaned when he saw her lips curl up into a smile. She reached behind her head and began to pull the helmet off, letting her braids fall down her back and revealing her brown eyes to him.

"What?" Todoroki asked harshly.
Suddenly he was mad at himself for being curious. He should have known the mysterious figure was her based off of the fact that he actually had some piece and quiet.

"Don't 'what' me. I saw that." she clicked her tongue and her lips curled upwards even though she tried to keep a straight face.

You 'saw that'?

Saw what, exactly? All he was doing was examining her costume. Yes, his eyes may have lingered on her attire longer than they did on others but that was purely because of the mysterious element her helmet added. If he had known it was her from the beginning he wouldn't have even looked her way.

And even if he was admiring her body and not the costume, it's not like he was the only one. So why'd she have to call only him out on it?

"You're delusional" he said, squinting his eyes down at her.

Now she let the smile she was trying so hard to contain escape and spread widely across her face.
"Oh no, you're not getting out of this one. You checked me out" she laughed.

Oh god damnit...

"Me? Checking you out?" Shoto snorted "what kind of fantasy are you living in?" He spat

She placed the helmet loosely back on her head. The bottom rested just above her eye brows, still giving him a full view of her snarky facial expression.

"The same one as you, apparently" she winked playfully, making Todoroki cringe.

She took a step closer to him, causing her to crain her neck slightly to keep eye contact. She gently elbowed him in the side, the movement causing her helmet to almost fall back down into place.
"You know, I would have never pegged Endeavors son to be-Ah-hey!"
Shoto cut her off by placing his open palm on the top of her helmet and forcefully pushing in down onto her head. He could feel the vibration through his palm when the inside of the helmet hit her skull.

"That was mean.." she huffed. She tried to pull the helmet off but had trouble since Todoroki had slammed down so hard.

However, before she could start up another one ended conversation, Mr. Aizawa called the class to attention. He explained that the students would be doing a hero vs villain training exercise.

Seemed simple enough.

Sensei split everyone into their separate groups and within minutes, the first group was called to action. Todoroki was placed on the hero team with a student whose quirk was dupli-arms. He didn't pay attention, nor did he care, to what group Amami was placed in. He was just thankful she wasn't paired up with him.