Chapter 2 ❀ "Softserve"

Start from the beginning

She pulled the elastic hair tie from between her lips.

"You got a staring problem?" She muttered, her voice hinting with sarcasm.

Todoroki blinked. He wasn't expecting the sudden accusation.

"You..you were staring at me all class" he responded quickly as to throw the blame away from himself, crossing his arms over his chest.

She mimicked Shoto's gesture. Her milk chocolate colored arms crossed over her chest and rested firmly underneath her breasts. She turned her head away from him with a 'hmph' gesture.

"We were having a conversation." She deadpanned.

Is a one-way conversation really still a conversation?

The new girl glanced up at the other teen through her eyelashes.
"But did you really expect me to not stare? I mean, have you looked in a mirror recently? Dude you're like...a-a..werewolf!" She stammered, uncrossing her arms from across her chest as she smiled up at him.

Shoto scoffed at her amazed expression. She looked like a kid in a candy store.

Just as he turned on his heel to leave, the new girl spoke yet again.

"You look nice in that uniform!" She called out.
The half and half boy could hear the smile on her face. Her words sounded genuine but he couldn't care either way. There was nothing special about his uniform, he knew that. He looked just like everyone else.
So was she...lying, perhaps? Maybe to throw him off of his game?

"If you're trying to distract me, it's not going to work" Todoroki growled.

That was the longest sentence he had spoken to her yet and he could almost hear her gasp in glee. Ofcourse, his words didn't mean anything to her, they haven't the entire day so why would they start now?

"Distract you? Now why would I do that?" She hummed.

Without responding Shoto turned completely around and faced his back to her. He kept his eyes forward. Maybe if he just ignored her she'll go away.
That was his last and seemingly best option now.

Then, like clockwork, something happened that he wasn't quite expecting.

She appeared in front of him. All of her, all at once like some sort of magic trick.
One second she wasn't there, the next she was.

No cloud of smoke to hide her entrance, nor distraction to give her time to walk into position. She just appeared.

Then it clicked.

Teleportation

The sudden closeness of their chests startled Shoto, as well as the new girl.

Did you have to appear so close?

He could basically count her pores from this angle.

Todoroki stared down at her and raised an eyebrow. A single braid from her pulled back hairstyle had managed to fall loose and now dangled teasingly in front of her face.

Her eyes widened in shock as she looked between their chests and back up at him. She jumped backwards and landed clumsily on her feet. She sighed contently once she was a good distance away from the teen and looked everywhere but his eyes. She didn't seem scared, more like embarrassed.