Chapter Forty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Try channel 51." I told her as she pressed the numbers on the remote to get to the channel. And there popped up a Hunger Games movie, so she smiled and placed the remote on the center nightstand.

"Thanks, how'd you know that this channel was good?" She asked me as I responded,

"Just have been in this damn hotel a bunch of times and know what channels are the good ones."

I couldn't tell her that it was because y/n talked about all the good channels to me before I saw her in New York after not being able to see each other for two months. If I brought that up, she'd feel all sorry for me and that's the last thing I want right now. The mood and vibe was comfortable and I don't want to bring it down because of the past.

I watched the movie along with her and we were both in tears at the end. We laughed at how dumb we are for crying at a movie we've both seen multiple times. But once the time was past 11pm, we called it and she turned the TV off and I turned the small lamp that was keeping the room lit off. I snuggled up underneath the covers and closed my eyes, allowing myself to succumb to sleep.

"Baby, it's been two hours since you started that thing." I told y/n as she just glared at me through her phone screen. She was sitting on her bedroom floor as she was building a new desk from IKEA. And of course those instructions are impossible, so it's taking her forever.

"Thank you for keeping time." She snapped back, clearly annoyed with everything right now.

"What part can't you get?" I asked her as I set up my phone so it leaned against a cup. I pulled out my laptop and looked up the model of desk she got so I could pull up the instructions.

"It's this nut and bolt thing that just isn't working at all. They're supposed to twist on perfectly with these two things," y/n said as she moved these giant pieces of the desk into frame, making me giggle as she was no longer visible, "but it's not going to happen."

"What page is it?" I watched as she moved the pieces away so she could look down at the instructions,

"Page 18." I scrolled down to that page on the PDF version of the instructions and dissected any possible things that y/n could be doing wrong. There were indeed two large pieces of the desk that needed to be joined together by the nut and bolt.

"Okay, do you have pieces 4 and 5 that are being put together?"

"Yes." I heard her faintly say as I'm guessing she was grabbing something to help her further away.

"How about a 4mm bolt with the 3mm nut?" I asked as there was then just silence on her end. I furrowed my eyebrows, "are you still there?"

"Yes." She said as I heard rustling of metal parts on her end. It clicked in my brain,

"You had the wrong things didn't you?"

"I had them flip flopped." She admitted quietly as I giggled. I closed the instructions and then opened up Disney+ to watch 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' another time. I've seen this movie a good 20 times, but its /n and I's favorite movie. The visuals are the most insane things ever and the major plot twists everywhere make this movie so good.

It was so funny because when the first line of the movie was uttered on my laptop, her focus snapped away from the building and right to her phone.

"Are you watching MoM right now?"

"Yup." I said while popping the 'p' at the end. She held up a finger and then her laptop came into view. Y/n showed me she was watching the thing on mute, "wow we are just soulmates huh?"