Chapter Sixteen

Y/n's POV

The rest of my morning and afternoon were peaceful, thankfully. I needed that after the conversation in the morning and the date I'm going on in about an hour. The temperature was still fucking cold, so I had to bundle up because I'm just going to walk there. Since I really have no idea what we are going to do, I decided to play it safe with my clothes. I got on some light washed jeans, a white turtleneck, and then my chestnut wool overcoat. For my shoes, I went with my black Chelsea boots that I love. When I got changed, I went into the bathroom and made sure that I looked good because this was going to be my first date in over a year. I looked over myself and looked myself in the eyes,

"Just don't fuck up and we'll see where this thing will take us."

Then my number one supporter that doesn't have a single clue on what's going on walked in. Apollo jumped onto the vanity and sat down, looking up at me before meowing. I scratched the area under his ear and he leaned into my touch, purring. I leaned down and pressed a kiss on his fur and crouched down to his level.

"Wish me luck?" I whispered to him as he leaned forward and touched his forehead against mine, making me break out into a wide grin. He can be a real annoying cat, but he has these moments that make me remember why I love him so much. I stood up and walked out of the bathroom, Apollo following behind me, and I went to my hat collection. I scanned over them and even though I love my blue beanie, I wasn't sure if it would be the best time to wear it. So, I went with my simple black one, grabbing the matching set of gloves too. I put everything on and double checked I had given Apollo his food before getting my keys and heading out the door, going to my date.

The walk there wasn't bad at all because it was not that windy outside. I looked at my phone and saw I had about ten minutes before 6 and I was only a block away. Once I arrived, I first looked around to see if Aurora was anywhere to be found and I smiled when I saw her casually sitting on a bench. My eyes wandered her figure as I observed what she was wearing. She had on jeans as well, a light purple sweater, and then a black puffer jacket that went overtop. I walked up to her and she looked over in my direction, smiling widely as she stood up to greet me. We hugged and she spoke up,

"You look great, y/n." She complimented me as I then looked her over, motioning towards her,

"You look even better, Aurora!" I said to her as she giggled, blushing a little at my words.

"Thank you, now let's get started on our date." Aurora said as she then linked our arms hesitantly. I reassured her with her advancement as I got closer to her as she led me to wherever we were going. We had a small conversation about my food poisoning, which was interesting because she had also gotten food poisoning from the same place once.

I wasn't paying that much attention to where we were going, but I smiled as I saw us approaching the LEGO store. I remember when we talked about our childhoods at the café, I told her that I absolutely loved LEGOS. So I guess she remembered something about me, which was really sweet of her.

"So the LEGO store, huh?" I said to her as she looked over at me and smiled,

"Yup, I wanted you to feel that kind of happiness you said you missed as a kid." My heart felt warm at that. I opened the door for her and she playfully rolled her eyes at me, saying how she should be the one opening doors because she asked me out. I told her that wasn't going to happen and we entered the store, some families and their kids walking around. I looked around, taking in all the different sets that were built and put out on display. I accidently almost ran into a kid, but thankfully Aurora caught my wrist before I did. I really don't need to have an angry parent yelling at me and everything.

I then saw a section that had a bunch of older sets, my eyes shining at the sight. I glanced back at Aurora and she had a sweet smile on her lips, nodding her head as she let go of my wrist, letting me quickly head over there. I heard her laughing after me as I stopped in front of one set, my hand itching to touch that set that I loved so much when I was ten. I noticed Aurora now standing next to me, so I told her about it.