Chapter Forty-Six

Rosie's POV

I was tapping my shoe against the floor of the elevator as it traveled down all 25 floors at what seemed like a really slow speed. My mind was racing about all the different possibilities that this meeting could go. I focused on steadying my breathing and after what felt like an hour, the elevator reached the lobby.

I stepped out of it and immediately turned away from the main entrance towards the back one. I rushed through a few random hallways and eventually got to the back entrance. I saw my manager waiting for me and I could tell he was angry as fuck even with his mask up. Our eyes met and a chill ran through my spine. He opened the door for me still and I ran to the black van, hopping in the backseat and taking a deep breath.

I let my body mold itself to the car seat and I looked out the tinted window, seeing how a few people started yelling loudly at the van. My heart rate increased and soon cameras were around the van as we tried to leave. The driver had to make sure he didn't hit anyone because it got that crowded that fast. Thankfully no one was hurt, but I could hear all the horrible remarks they shouted at me about y/n and I. That hurt me deep inside.

I sighed in relief as we were soon on the main road and away from all those people. The car ride to the company though was one that I never want to experience again. It was pure silence from both my manager and the driver. I could feel both their eyes on me numerous times and each time I felt my anxiety rise a tiny bit.

I got more fidgety as we got closer. The street sign with the name of the street the company building was on came into view. My stomach clenched and twisted as that stupid ass building appeared on my right. The van pulled into the parking lot and the driver rolled down his window to put in the security code for the private parking lot towards the back. He rolled his window back up and the gate opened up slowly, allowing us to drive to the back of the building.

He parked the car and my manager got out of the passenger seat to open up the back door for me. When he did, I made a break for the entrance since I was still visible to the public. Shouts were coming from across the street, but I barely heard them as I got inside.

My shoes echoed on the tile floor as I was now inside the building that is now giving me so much anxiety and fear. My manager appeared next to me and he started walking away from me without saying a word, so I hastily followed after him. I'm thankful he didn't go to the elevators because I could not be in a confined space with this man alone. He turned a corner and we started to head up the multiple flights of stairs to what I'm guessing will be a meeting room.

The building seemed more lifeless than usual. It was as if everyone was called off or just were too scared to leave their office in case of getting yelled at. It made the whole experience more ominous going up the expensive staircases.

The two of us arrived on the floor where all the meeting rooms were and of course we started walking down the hallway to probably the last room. But we ended up going in just a random one to my left. The door was closed and my manager just stood beside the door, waiting for me to open it myself.

My hands were shaking slightly and my palms were sweaty. I rubbed them on my pants and slowly turned the doorknob to the room. I pushed the door open and wanted to just run away because of all the eyes that were immediately on me.

There were all of our managers, other fucking people I don't know, the CEO, and other scary looking people. All of them were staring at me like they wanted to absolutely murder me on the spot, which wasn't a warm welcome at all.

I very awkwardly made my way to the one open chair in the room: at the head of the table across from the CEO. She was a scary woman and I know she never really liked us, Blackpink, because she was a more traditional woman. So I know damn well she hates the news that's spreading because she definitely thinks it's a sin or some shit.