Chapter Five

Rosé's POV

I had a dream last night that I messaged y/n and she blocked me.

I've been awake for an hour thinking about how everything can go wrong if I do message her. I've memorized every single detail of this damn hotel room ceiling. The airports are still shut down for another day and it's Christmas day today.

I'm here alone in New York City and it's fucking Christmas morning. I let out a deep sigh and shifted around in my bed, reaching for my phone on the nightstand. There were a few miscellaneous notifications, but none stood out to me. I saw the time was just past 7am and I groaned, stuffing my face into my pillow. I literally had nothing to do today and this was officially going to be the most boring Christmas of my life.

My phone started to buzz and I felt around for it, blindly holding it up to my ear and answering it,

"Hello?" I said in my low morning voice.

"CHAEYOUNG!" The other person shouted from the other side of the phone. I groaned out and moved the phone away from my ear as the noise hurt.

"What?" I asked them.

"Question: if you were to theoretically forget to lock your apartment and then you were theoretically robbed, what would you do?" My eyes widened at the question and I sat up in bed, looking to see who the contact was. It was Jisoo.

"Wait, what? Who got robbed?"

"Um, you did."

"WHAT?!" I screamed into my phone, now completely awake at the absolutely fucking horrible news. I sat up in bed and tried to wrap my head around the fact that I had just fucking gotten robbed when I was in a different country.

"We've called the police and everything, so they're going to be here quickly to investigate. You obviously have insurance, so that'll cover everything. But basically all your belongings are now gone. I'm so sorry, Chaeng." Jisoo said sadly. I was just staring at the blank TV in front of me, looking at my reflection. I rubbed my forehead and took a deep breath,

"Alright, well are the gifts I had gotten all of you gone? They were stored away in my closet." I asked Jisoo as I heard her walk through my apartment to my bedroom. I heard a door open and then silence,

"There's nothing in here." She said quietly. I knew she meant that the gifts weren't there, along with all my clothing. I sighed and felt the tears finally forming, ready to escape my eyes. I let out a shaky breath and Jisoo started to panic on the other side of the phone,

"No Chaeng! It'll be okay! Please don't cry!" She told me, trying to reassure me that my life isn't totally miserable right now. I sniffled and nodded my head,

"You're right, I'll be okay. I'll talk to you guys later, merry Christmas." I said before hanging up my phone.

The second I heard the call get disconnected, I broke down into tears. I put my face in my hands and cried, wondering why the hell this happened to me. The only thing being heard in my hotel room were my sobs of pain because everything I worked so hard for was now taken from me. All my clothes I saved up for, my guitars, my jewelry; all of it now gone.

After crying about it for a solid 20 minutes, I decided to get some food and something to drink. I dialed room service and ordered breakfast, having them tell me it'll be ready in about half an hour. I thanked them and hung up, opening up the blinds. The nice thing about the view from my hotel is that it overlooks some of Central Park. So there is some nature I can see and it looks beautiful outside. There are no people out and about right now because it's obviously Christmas morning and people are spending time with the ones they love.