Chapter Three

Y/n's POV

A new day, same old me. I woke up this morning to the little brat meowing on top of me, wanting his food. I pushed him aside and got up, running into my door by accident; I had forgotten I closed it last night. I rubbed my forehead and cursed under my breath as I walked over to get Apollo's food. He happily ate it once I gave it to him and I needed to figure out what I was going to do today. I should go last minute Christmas shopping since it is the day before Christmas Eve, but I am broke. Plus, I already got my parents what they asked for and it's in shipment now. I also got Somi a little gift too.

I don't need to get myself a gift because I don't need anything right now. Well, that's a lie, I need money. I went back and forth about what I should do today and I remembered Somi told me to get a small gift for the donation tree. I decided that's what I was going to do today. Yes, I am spending money, but it'll help children out who need it.

I wonder if I can pretend I'm a kid and get gifts.

No, that's morally fucked up.

Whatever. I changed into some sweats and hoodie, getting my coat on over top and my beanie. I saw Apollo in his little food coma and laughed at him, saying goodbye. He just stayed laying down by his empty food bowl as I went out the door. Thankfully there was no Nathan today, so my walk down the hall and to the stairs was pleasant.

I will never get used to the fucking freezing air that hits me in the face the second I open the lobby door. I walked down the few steps and went on my way to a bookstore I knew of that isn't too far. The busy streets with cars honking and random people yelling was totally music to my ears. The crowded sidewalks weren't too fun either. I was shoulder to shoulder with random people the whole way there. It was annoying as I don't like people touching me, but it's something you just have to deal with living here.

I entered the place and remembered just how much damn bookstores/libraries piss me off now. From doing the 8+ hours at libraries during college really scared me for life. I went straight over to the kids section and saw some books my mom read to me when I was younger. I smiled and picked up a few, flipping through the pages and remembering how the books went.

I decided on three books and went to wait in the surprisingly long line. I wasn't expecting this many people, but then again it is the day before Christmas Eve, so people are doing last minute shopping. I just rocked on my heels for a few minutes as I waited, humming quietly to myself as I got closer to the cashier. I was finally next and I put the books on the counter.

The cashier was a younger woman, maybe around 21 or 22. She had really beautiful brown hair and a soft smile on her lips. I don't know why, but it felt right seeing someone like her working at a bookstore.

"Kids?" She asked me as she scanned them. I just shook my head,

"Not my kids. This is for a children's orphanage." I told her as she nodded her head.

"That's sweet. Your total is $17." I pulled out a $20 and she gave me the $3 in change. I grabbed the bag from her and thanked her before walking out the door. With my bag in hand, I made my way over to Somi's café. I was walking, minding my own business when someone literally ran into my back. I stumbled forward into a pile of disgusting dirty sleet and snow.

"I'm so sorry!" They said quickly as they tried to help me up. I swatted their hands away and just got up myself. I snapped my head around to see who it was and my eyes widened angrily as I realized it was none other than Nathan. He froze when he realized it was me and took off sprinting. I obviously ran after him, screaming,

"NATHAN I'M GOING TO GET YOU RAN OVER BY A TAXI AND I WON'T EVEN BE SORRY!" He dodged and weaved through the crowds, getting further away from me. I then lost sight of the damn man and huffed out annoyed.