Chapter Twelve

Y/n's POV

Lunch break couldn't come faster at work as I was starving since I skipped breakfast because I slept through my alarm. I put my camera aside and looked over what Katie had gotten us. I grabbed a plate and loaded it up before just going to an open table and quietly eating by myself because I'm still honestly tired. But of course, someone sat down in front of me. I looked up from my phone and saw Jessica sitting there.

"You good, y/l/n?" She asked me as she sipped her coffee. I shook my head,

"Not really, slept through my alarm and still so fucking tired I could sleep standing up." That got a small smile out of her, which doesn't really happen too often. She's not much of an emotional person, but her dark humor is right up my alley.

"Well how about I throw you out the window? I think that'll wake ya up real quick." I rolled my eyes at her,

"Throw yourself out the window too while you're at it." I told her as I chuckled a little. She pushed my phone out of my hand before laughing a little and leaving me be. I felt a pair of eyes on me, but just ignored them until the lunch break was up. I got up and threw my trash away before getting ready for the afternoon shoots. I was doing Peter and Ilona for the rest of the day. I love when the three of us work together because I like to think we are an iconic trio.

"If it isn't my favorite photographer!" Peter said cheerfully to me as I gave him and Ilona a smile.

"I heard that!" Marcus shouted at Peter as his eyes went wide; a nervous chuckle escaping his mouth.

"Um, let's get started!" He said as Ilona and I laughed at his unease. They got into position and then I started taking pictures of them, telling them to move around a few times. We were cracking jokes the whole time and that really made the pictures turn out better. We gathered around the nearby monitor after a little while that had the pictures automatically uploaded onto and I smiled at how good they were turning out.

"Damn, I look good." Ilona said casually as Peter and I agreed with her. She did look really nice and the clothing she was wearing complimented her natural figure. I then saw Katie come out of her office and scan over us, looking for someone. Her eyes landed on Aurora and she called her into her office.

Wonder what that's about.

I brushed the interaction aside and went back to help Ilona with her top because it was being difficult. I had to pin it a little tighter right around her neckline because it just wasn't sitting properly. She thanked me and then I looked over at Peter and he quickly looked away, his cheeks having a faint blush. I squinted at him, making a mental note to ask him what the fuck that was. But I do have a sneaking suspicion that he has a crush on Ilona. He always talks so highly of her and he models his best when he's with her.

I smirked to myself as I decided I would play a little bit of matchmaker for the next set. They had gotten changed into what is supposed to be a couples kind of look, so this'll be fun. The two got situated nicely before I took some shots of them, making sure to get the right angles. Then I told them to position themselves differently.

"Peter, can you just rest your arm overtop of her shoulders please?" I asked him as I could see his eyes go wide through the camera lens. Ilona didn't seem fazed at all when he cautiously laid his arm across her shoulders. I smiled and praised the two as I continued on. I pulled the camera away from my face,

"Okay you idiots, this is a couple look, so pretend to be a couple. Aka you Peter, stop being so tense and relax." I told them as Peter blushed a little and I caught a tiny smile on Ilona's lips. They got closer to one another and then I watched as Ilona rested her head on Peter's shoulder. I had to bite the inside of my cheek in order to stop myself from smiling too wide.