ᵉˡᵉᵛᵉⁿ ✓

Start from the beginning

"Don't be so shocked. Be familiar with the endearment because that's what I am going to call you from now on."

He added with a wink making her blush furiously.

"My sweetheart."

By the sound of the knock on the door, Ayana was brought back to the present.

"Api!"
Reeha knocked before coming inside. Along with her, Azeen also entered.
"Are you ready?"

"Yes."
Ayana nodded.

"Woah! You are looking so gorgeous, Ma Sha Allah!"
Azeen complimented.

Ayana was wearing a beautiful off-white dress ensembled with pearls and stone works.

"Of course, she will. After all, whose sister-in-law is she!"
Reeha butted in making others chuckle.

Today was the engagement. Engagement of her and Imraan's. As the function was held at Quraish Villa, despite not wanting, Ayana had to get dressed here, with the help of her sister-in-laws.

"If you are all done, then should we go downstairs?"
After a while, Azeen asked, making Ayana nod.

"Sure. Let's go."
Taking a breath, Ayana exited the room with the others.

♧♧♧

Standing at a corner, with a glass of soft drink, Imraan was enjoying his alone time when Fawad approached him.

"Why are you standing as if you are attending someone else's engagement party instead of yours?"

Ignoring him, Imraan took a sip from his glass.

Fawad nudged him.

"What?"
Irritatedly Imraan looked at him. He was still pissed off at Fawad for breaking his beauty sleep.

"Why are you disturbing me? Where's your wife?"
Imraan asked. Since morning, Fawad had been following Azeen like a lost puppy.

"My wife went to bring your fi-"
Spotting Azeen, Fawad said with a goofy smile.
"There she is."

Imraan's eyes went to the staircase where Ayana was descending from with Reeha and Azeen on her sides.

Noticing Imraan's frozen posture, Fawad teasingly asked, indicating Ayana.
"She is looking pretty, isn't she?"

"Beautiful. She's looking beautiful."
Imraan, whose eyes were set on Azeen, subconsciously said.

"Man! You are whipped."
Jokingly Fawad slapped Imraan's back making him come to his senses.
"You are so whipped by Ayana!"

Guiltily Imraan looked away.

It was wrong.

It was so wrong to look at her.

Especially when her husband was standing just beside him.

As soon as Ayana came downstairs, Sherebano Quraish ordered the maid to bring the ring. Once the ring was brought, without wasting any more time, the engagement ceremony began.

♧♧♧

Being close to the director of the hospital, Mr. Malik invited the director to the engagement ceremony. But unfortunately, he couldn't attend and so in his place he sent his daughter, Nila to the party. Nila, who was forced to attend the event by her father, was disinterestedly looking around when a man, wearing a mask and a hat, came to her.