Chapter 14: The Island Challenge Begins!

Start from the beginning

"Turtonator. The Blast Turtle Pokemon. A Fire/Dragon type. The shell on its back is chemically unstable and explodes violently if struck. The hole in its stomach is its weak point."

'Huh, I'll have to remember that' Ash said to himself.

The other boy threw out his Poke Ball. In a flash of light, a brown Pokemon with a long yellow stripe on its back and sharp teeth appeared. Rotom, of course, did its thing.

"Yungoos. The Loitering Pokemon. A Normal type. It wanders around in a never-ending search for food. At dusk, it collapses from exhaustion and falls asleep on the spot."

The battle soon started, but given the size and experience between the two, it was very one-sided. Kiawe and Turtonator swiftly beat their opponents. The crowed cheered and clapped. Ash and Kiawe eyed each other, a thirst for battle in their eyes. Hala gave the two a five minute break before the last battle. Ash was busy thinking about what Pokemon he should use.

'I know I shouldn't use Rowlet, and Pikachu is probably still a little beat from our battle with Tapu Koko, so that just leaves...'

Ash sat up and made his way back up to the platform. Kiawe followed a minute later. The air was tense. The two stared the other down. Hala glanced at the two, before starting the match.

"The final match between Ash and Kiawe will now...begin!"

Kiawe moved first, throwing his ball in the air. Instead of Turtonator like Ash was expecting, a Charizard appeared instead. Ash was shocked but quickly got over it. He grabbed a Poke Ball from his belt. He threw it in the air. And like Ash, Kiawe was shocked to see that it wasn't Greninja that appeared like he thought, but instead, it was Infernape.

"Let's do this Infernape!"

"Infernape!"

Kiawe grunted, he wasn't expecting this. He called out to Charizard.

"Use Air Slash!"

Charizard flapped its wings, causing shards of solid air (I guess...?) to shoot out and head towards Infernape. Infernape didn't need Ash to tell him to dodge. He jumped in the air and was on even level with Charizard.

"Flamethrower!"

Infernape shot flames out of his mouth. It somehow managed to hit Charizard, who actually grunted a little. Kiawe was shocked, he didn't expect Infernape to be so strong, even for Charizard.

"Let's give them our Flamethrower!" Kiawe yelled.

Flames then shot out from Charizard's mouth. Infernape let the attack hit him. After a small smoke cloud cleared, Infernape appeared, practically unharmed. It shot Charizard a kind of 'is that all you've got?' look. Charizard grew a little annoyed. It flew towards Infernape.

"Use Slash!" Kiawe shouted.

Charizard's claws started to grow longer and white. It was about to hit Infernape. However, Ash and Infernape simply grinned.

"Mach Punch."

Infernape sideswept Charizard's attack, and swung his fist right into Charizard's belly. Despite it being not very effective, it definitely felt pretty effective for Charizard. Charizard fell backward and bounced off the ground. It still somehow got back up. Kiawe stared in shock at just how strong Infernape was. He decided to you his last resort move.

"Charizard use Blast Burn!"

Charizard slammed its fist into the ground, causing the ground to erupt in fire. It started to make its way towards Infernape. An explosion erupted that covered the whole platform. Everyone had to shield their eyes, minus Ash and Kiawe. Once everything cleared, everyone was shocked. Flames were wurling around Infernape, said Pokemon spinning in the center. Once the attack was over Infernape also stopped. Kiawe couldn't fathom what he was seeing. Ash smirked.