twenty nine

Aliyah was a breath of fresh air. She still did magical things to Mira, she still felt so warm. Mira wanted so much to get a hold of Aliyah, to feel the warmth and to feel okay.

She breathed in and out. With heavy breaths, she contemplated.

Mira could physically and emotionally feel her flame fading away. She felt so depleted, all she could do was run away from everything.

Right now, Aliyah was like a mirage. A hope of like seeing an island in a dessert. She was just like an illusion, to good to be true. With her past, constantly hunting her, she knew she wasn't good for Aliyah. They haven't even started yet.

"Mira I'm still here." Aliyah suddenly cut off her thoughts. And like the fog clearing away, the words suddenly reached her.

Aliyah is still here even after I ran.

"It's okay."

Her eyes poured tears. She remembers how her mom used to say that when things where not good. Aliyah rubbed her cheeks with her thumb. She hugged her tight and they silently stood there with each other.

The skies cleared; it was light now. No stormy weather nor harsh winds. Sunlight beams into the trees. Leaves slowly falls on to the grass. As Mira slowly falls asleep on Aliyah's shoulder, inside the bus. Their fingers interlocked, they peacefully leaned on each other while they wait for their destination.

"Pumunta diyan si ate Liyah, nagkita ba kayo?" Sam heard Joanne said through the phone as she fixes her bag. She was at the bus terminal trying to book a ticket.

"Si ate Liyah nandito? Nag missed call sya sakin kanina pero di ko kasi nakausap." Sam tiredly said.

"Hahanapin daw niya si Mira kaya pumunta, nagmessage siya kanina na nakapag check in na siya sa hotel." Mayu said on the group call.

Sam massaged her temple. "Nawawala ulit si Mira hindi ko siya mahanap kaya ko kayo tinawagan. Hindi naman ako pwede magtagal dito kasi may pasok pa ako."

"Okay ka lang Sam?" Joanne asked worriedly.

"Yes. Puntahan ko na lang ung hotel, san ba yon?"

"Sa oak woods."

Sam clenched her jaw and sighed. Out of all hotels, it has to be oak woods.

"Sige tawagan ko kayo ulit mamaya."

Sam got her ticket first before going to the hotel. She lowered her cap, hoping that her father's men wouldn't recognize her if ever they were there.

When she got to the hotel, Sam immediately went to front desk. The receptionist told her that Aliyah checked out just this afternoon.

"What? Siya lang mag isa?"

The employee looked at her reluctantly before replying, "May kasama po siyang babae."

"Babae?" Sam frowned. Si Mira kaya yon?

After thanking the employee, Sam messaged the others. She was on her phone while walking out of the hotel and just as she lifted her head up, her father showed up in front of her.

"Samantha Rose."

"Paano ka nakakuha agad ng ticket?"

Mira stood beside Aliyah as they wait for their incoming flight to Cebu.

Aliyah shrugged her shoulders. "Nagbook ako kanina sa van nung tulog ka."

"Right..."

"Tara?" Aliyah looked at Mira with a smile and offered her hand.

The girl grabbed Aliyah's hand which made the latter even smile bigger. "You'll love the place."