thirty seven

Morning came, Mayu messaged their group chat asking for Aliyah since the latter hasn't called nor replied yet from last night.

Joanne and Stella told them that they haven't heard from their ate Liyah either. So, the two decided to check up on her.

They went to Aliyah's unit and called out her name.

"Ate Liyahhhhhh," Stella knocked on the door.

"Naka lock pa ung pinto?" Joanne asked as she tried to look at the windows.

"Oo eh."

"Patay din ung ilaw? Dapat gising na si ate Liyah eh."

"Baka tulog pa?" Stella suggested.

"Jo, Stell." Mira went out from her unit as she was rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning, Mira," Joanne greeted.

"Mira! Nagrereply ba sayo si ate Liyah?" Stella asked her.

Mira frowned and shook her head. "Hindi siya nagrereply kagabi pa."

"Hindi na rin nagreply kay ate Mayu eh, last call daw nila kagabi." Joanne said.

"Nag dinner party daw team nila tas ayon, mukhang wala pa dito si ate Liyah kasi dapat narinig na tayo ngayon." Stella was beginning to get worried.

"San kaya yun pumunta? Baka nag oover think lang tayo ah?" Joanne was still trying to look around the windows to see if Aliyah was inside.

"I'll try to call her." Mira said as she went inside her unit to get her phone.

She called Aliyah's number and the girl wasn't answering. Seconds passed; the call was still ringing.

Mira kept calling Aliyah over and over again. Her mind was beginning to think of every scenario possible. Getting anxious and worried about Aliyah.

When there's still no answer, she quickly went to Joanne and Stella.

"Wala talagang sumasagot." Mira bit her lip.

The two girls look at her, "Papunta na daw si Mayu sa office nila, baka daw maaga lang pumasok." Joanne said.

"Di ka ba papasok? Baka late ka na, Sure ako na okay lang si ate Liyah. Tawagan ka namin pag nag reply na siya." Stella tried assuring her despite being worried herself.

Mira shook her head. "Natanggal na ako sa trabaho."

"Ha??"

"Bakit?"

"Awol and ung isa ewan ko."

Just then Guia and Sam showed up on their door.

"Naka bukas gps ni Liyah." Guia said, out of breath.

Mira immediately went to them and grabbed Guia's arm. "Let's go."

"Dito na muna kayo, baka biglang umuwi si ate Liyah," Sam said to Joanne and Stella. They couldn't do anything as Sam already ran out of the door and followed Mira and Guia.

The three girls arrived at where the GPS said Aliyah was. It was at the restaurant near her work. Mira went straight inside as the other two followed.

Guia was still trying to call Aliyah's phone as they went to the counter to ask the staff.

But before they could ask them, the waiter said, "Ay ma'am kayo po ba ung tumatawag? Kanina pa po nag riring tong phone may nakaiwan po kagabi."

He looked at the phone first before looking up to Mira. "Ah ma'am! Sayo po to, nakita po namin sa cr kagabi."

Mira frowned as the waiter gave the phone to her.

"Hindi akin to..."

"Kay Aliyah nga yan!" Guia said while pointing at the phone.

"Po? Eh kamukha nyo po ung nasa lock screen." The waiter said.

And it was true, Mira's face was on the lock screen. She was smiling and at that time she was looking at Aliyah. Mira didn't know that the girl was taking a picture. It was when they were on the bus going back to Manila.

"Thank you kuya, pero dito po ba ung nag dinner party kagabi?" Sam asked the waiter.

"Opo ma'am dito po. Bakit po?"

Sam was going to ask more when their phones rung. It was a group call coming from Mayu. Guia was the one who answered and put it on speaker. They went away from the counter as Sam thanked the waiter again.

Mira was still staring at Aliyah's phone.

"Wala si Aliyah sa office," Mayu said.

"Sino ba kasama ni Aliyah kagabi?" Cielo asked.

"Nagdinner party kasi kagabi, kasama niya ung team." Mayu replied.

Guia then abruptly looked at Sam as she remembered something. "Kasama ung tatay mo Sam, nagdinner party sila para kay sir Emmanuel kasi narelease na ung interview ni Aliyah sakanya."

"Ano?!" Sam exclaimed.

While Mira froze at what she heard. "No."

Guia looked at them confused, "Bakit?"

"No. No." Mira continued saying.

"We have to find her. Mira, we need to find ate Liyah." Sam said.