eighteen

Mira was paying for two hotdog sandwiches at the cashier while Aliyah was sitting on a table near the ice cream box.

After Mira convinced her in eating dine in here, she defeatedly just sat quietly and waited for the girl. It was absurd that Mira could convince her of literally anything, she would just say yes.

She sighed.

"Here." Mira sat beside her and gave her the sandwich.

"So, bat mo naisipan kumain dito?" Aliyah asked as she unwrapped the food.

Mira shrugged her shoulders. "Remember nung tumakbo tayo sa park? You said you wanted to share that with me, well I want to share this with you."

"Kumain ng hotdog sandwich?"

The girl rolled her eyes playfully, "Not specifically. Pero nung junior high kapag late umuuwi dumadaan kami ng classmates ko sa 7/11 para bumili ng snacks."

Aliyah nodded.

"Galit ka pa ba?" Mira asked quite nervously.

"Huh?"

"Hatdog."

Aliyah raised her brows and throwed her tissue at Mira. "Hotdog ka diyan."

Mira laughed, "Joke, sorry na."

"De wala hotdog pala ha." Aliyah pretended she was mad again.

"Huy joke lang. Sorry na."

Mira poked her arm, "Sorry na po."

But she didn't bunch, Aliyah wanted to see what Mira would do. She's cute.

Then suddenly Mira got quiet and went out of her seat.

Wait san yon pupunta? Aliyah looked at where Mira had gone.

She frowned and pouted. Bahala siya diyan.

Aliyah already finished her sandwich when Mira appeared again behind her.

She turned around with a frown. "Oh, san ka pumunta?"

"Tara sa kotse dali."

"Ha? Bakit? Uuwi na ba?"

Mira bit her lip, she looked like she was trying to stifle a laugh.

"Alam ko na nasa isip mo. Hotdog." Aliyah rolled her eyes.

"No. Tayo ka na diyan."

Aliyah stood up and let herself be dragged by Mira outside.

When they got to Aliyah's car, Mira led her to the back part and she was surprised.

A heart-patterned pink sticky notes were on the car and on the middle part a sticky note of the word 'Sorry' was written.

Mira grabbed her hand and gave her a cup of coffee. "Sorry for not answering your messages and forgetting."

She looked at Mira and laughed. "Oh gosh."

"Kotse mo?" Aliyah teased which made Mira panicked.

"Sorry! Tatanggalin ko rin."

"San ka naman nakahanap ng sticky notes?"

"Dyan sa 7/11, kanina bumili ako habang kumakain ka."

Aliyah giggled and shook her head. "Thanks for the coffee, and this." She pointed at the sticky notes.

"Didn't know you could be sweet."

She could see how Mira's face blushed at the compliment so she grinned. Without thinking Aliyah kissed Mira's cheeks. It made the girl widened her eyes.

At the same time, Aliyah was also flustered of what she did. She gripped her cup tight and awkwardly turned her head to the side.

"Uhhh, thanks. Thank you dito, really."

"And hindi ako galit, don't worry." She continued quietly.

Mira slowly nodded, trying to process what just happened.

The rain completely stopped and Aliyah realized that she was wearing Mira's denim jacket. It made her feel warm from the cold breeze.

Tapping her foot, Aliyah bit her lip. "Tara sa kotse? May binili ka rin bang coffee para sayo?"

"Ah oo, eto." Mira let her see the takeout cup she was holding.

She nodded.

They went inside the car and Aliyah put the coffee on the holder while Mira drank hers.

As Aliyah sat comfortably on her sit, she tried starting up a conversation. "What do you do nung high school? Like do you have clubs? Do you play sports?"

"Hmmm. I played volleyball for a short while then lumipat sa cheerleading."

Mira looked out the window like she was reminiscing. "I joined a dance club before ako nahinto. Ayun din dahilan dati bat ako nalalate umuuwi at napapadaan sa 7/11."

"Wow, sporty ka pala. Sana all?"

Mira turned to her. "Why? You don't play sports?"

Aliyah pouted and shook her head. "Takot ako sa bola."

"Really?"

"Yeah really."

"That's okay I can teach you." Mira gave her a smile.

"You'll teach me? Sige ba sabi mo yan ah."

"Oo nga I'll teach you, basta wag mong iilagan ung bola."

Aliyah chuckled. "But I didn't know you danced too."

"I don't. Sinali lang ako ng pinsan ko kaya ako napilitan." Mira shook her head at the memory.

The two continued conversing and it was like they don't run out of things to talk to. It was getting later in the night when they decided to go home.

Both girls were now walking by the hallway of their compound and laughing at what Aliyah said.

"Di nga promise, ung dati kong boss mahilig mag wig kasi medyo hindi siya pinagpala sa buhok."

"Tas nasa photoshoot kami, nakatalikod siya and biglang umangat ung wig!"

Mira laughed loudly as Aliyah was even gesturing how the 'wig' lifted.

"Pigil na pigil tawa nila Mayu non."

"Wait." Mira tried taking a breath from laughing. They stopped right in front of Aliyah's unit.

"Oh gosh."

Aliyah smiled at the girl. "Thanks for tonight, Mira."

Mira straightened up and mirrored Aliyah's expression. "Thanks din."

Both of the two went inside their units. Aliyah leaned on the door, wearing a really big smile.