four

Mira got up early to get ready. She was planning to get coffee at the cafe she saw last night, before going to work.

Just as she stepped out of the house she saw Aliyah walking towards the gate.

"She's early." Mira whispered to herself while locking her door.

The girl quietly walked behind Aliyah as she thought they would go different directions anyways. It looked like Aliyah had a car, she was going to the parking area. So Mira just continued walking towards where the cafe is.

The moment she stepped foot in the store, she felt a breeze. It strongly smelled of coffee and the interior was nice and cozy for Mira.

She looked up at the menu and started getting nervous. 'I don't know what to order.'

Mira sensed someone staring at her and it was the staff at the cashier. The guy had a friendly smile on his face that made Mira feel uncomfortable. He then greeted her and asked what she would like to have.

'If he could just stop staring and smiling. This place is too friendly....wag na lang kaya ako umorder.' She thought.

"Ma'am? Would you like to try our house blend coffee?" The guy asked.

"No." Mira replied while avoiding eye contact.

"Uhmm one caramel, macchiato?" She didn't know if she pronounced it right, but she sure hoped she did or it would be embarrassing.

"Okay, is that all po ma'am?"

"Yes."

"For take out po?"

"Yes."

The guy took a glance at her as he punched through the machine. Probably thinking how cold Mira answers. "Ano pong size? Tall, venti, grande?"

'What the hell are those? Nag co-coffee naman ako dati but I can't remember if that was the term for sizes.' Mira bit her lip in confusion.

"Uhh tall."

"Okay po, name?"

"Mira."

"Sige po ma'am Mira, tatawagin na lang po kayo." The guy gave his seller-smile and began making the coffee.

"Tall should be the largest one right?" Mira said to herself while staring at the menu and prices.

"Caramel Macchiato for Mira!"

The girl was startled when she heard her name. She went to get her coffee and got out of the cafe right after mumbling a small thank you.

"Ang liit ng tall. I wanted more coffee." Mira said to herself and sighed.

Outside Aliyah's workplace

"Joanne! Tara na bagal mo talaga!" Stella hurried Joanne who was tying her shoe lace.

"Oo wait teka lang!"

"Dali nandito na si ate Liyah oh." She pointed at Aliyah who was walking towards them.

"Huy rinig na rinig sigaw niyo sa lobby!" Aliyah laughed.

"Hi, ate Liyah!" Joanne exclaimed.

"Here oh gumawa kaming lunch may sumobra sayo na lang." Stella said as she gave a lunchbox to Aliyah.

"Wow naman, thanks guys! Wala ba kayong pasok?"

"Meron pero mamaya pang hapon." Stella said.

"Ako mamayang 11 na, kabagot nga eh." Joanne frowned and sighed.