three

Aliyah was almost late at work. That's because she had a soft tire so she stopped by the gas station but unfortunately they're short in staff. Meaning, she had to wait in line.

People at her company really value time and it was a good thing that she was almost—only almost—late at work.

'Thank goodness!' she thought.

"Aliyah, the lifestyle content due today please email it right away. Thank you." A co-worker passed by her desk and immediately went away. That's what she meant by people at work who really value time.

"Another hectic day." She gave a short and hefty sigh, readying herself to work.

At the gasoline station

"Ako po ung nirefer ni officer Manalo." Mira said to the manager.

"Ah oo, si officer. Teka bigyan na kita agad ng uniform, kita mo naman kulang talaga kami sa tao kaya pwede ka na mag umpisa agad." The manager said.

"Okay sir."

The gasoline station near the compound was one of the reasons she moved to the area. Because her soon to be workplace is close and the area was quiet and looks peaceful.

After getting out of prison, the officer in charge of her referred her to a job to get started with life—his words. Ofcourse, she can't do anything but receive the offer and she's grateful for it.

Mira was now in her uniform, she fixed her cap on her head as she walked towards the receiving area. 

A worker noticed her and motioned to her. "Ikaw ung bago? Halika dito," he said.

She immediately went to him and once she was near the guy started spouting orders and how to operate things which she tried hard to remember.

"Ganon gagawin mo, okay? Gets? Oh tara ikaw gumawa don sa susunod na kotse."

She looked at the incoming car, Mira could imagine how long the day would be.

"Puro company na lang lagi inaatupag mo. We already forced you to come with us pero hindi ka man lang mag stay ng overnight?"

"Can we talk about this later? Nasa biyahe tayo and we're with our kids."

Leaning on the window, Mira tried to tune out her parents' argument for the nth time during the trip. They've been passive aggressively fighting the whole time they were in the car.

Her other siblings at first tried to calm their parents down but in the end got tired of it so they let them be.

"Now we're out of gas! Great!"

"Don't over react malapit na rin naman sa resthouse." Mira's mom said.

"Where's the nearest gas station?" Her dad asked.

"Mamaya na lang tayo mag pa gas"

"Are we there yet?" Her brother asked impatiently.

"Oh I see the house! We're here!" The eldest sister of the three said. 

"Fine, mamaya na tayo mag pa gas."

"Ate? Excuse me, sabi ko unleaded ung 500."

Mira was shook out of her thoughts and immediately tended to the customer. "Sorry sir, unleaded 500 po?"

"Oo."

It was already night and she was on her last customer before going home. 

After doing her job, she thanked the customer and said, "Have a safe trip po."

At the same time, her manager went to her. "Mira, pwede ka na mag out. Good job today."

She nodded and went back inside where the lockers and the time sheets are.

When she was finished, she went out and bid a short goodbye to her coworkers then proceeded walking home. Mira's walk was a little bit slouchy and lazy, her hands were inside of her pant's pockets. Her work was tiring but she somewhat felt a sense of fulfillment or maybe it was a sense of start.

Mira stopped walking and stood by the crosswalk when the lights were red. 

"A new beginning huh." She mumbled to herself and started walking again the moment it turned green.

There was a cafe nearby with only a few people inside. It looked like it was preparing to close for the night.

Mira suddenly remembered the coffee mug. She took a mental note of where the cafe is and went straight home.

At unit 0108

"Yes boss, nextweek na po ipapadala. Nasa New York pa si Mayu by saturday po balik niya. Yes, okay thank you."

Aliyah put down her phone after having a call with her boss.

Mayu was her photographer friend who works at the same company as her. Her friend was currently in New York shooting for an event for her company. 

They also need a model for a photoshoot, Aliyah was helping with the casting as she has connections. 'I probably could just ask Guia.' She thought.

She already got home but there was still work to do. The girl put down her pen and stretched her arms. 

"I need coffee," She said. 

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Then a short door bell.

"Hmm? Akala ko tulog na sila Jo." Aliyah walked to her doorway and opened it expecting Joanne or Stella. 

But she was surprised when someone else was behind the door.

"Mira?" 

"Here's your mug." Mira said.

"Oh right, thank you." Aliyah smiled at the girl. Mira looked at her for a second then proceeded to walk away.

'Wait what?' Aliyah was confused for a moment. Was that all Mira was going to say and do? 

"This girl..." she mumbled.

Aliyah tried to call her, "Hey wait!" But nevermind because Mira already went inside her unit. 

"Whatever, some people don't like small talk. Some people is her." 

She shook her head with a small smile thinking how peculiar Mira is and went back inside.

The girl made a beeline to the kitchen to make a coffee using the mug Mira gave back. 

Putting two teaspoons of sugar and stirring the black liquid, she couldn't help but think. "Wonder if she liked the coffee though?"