V(END)

Jungkook usually did it with consideration for Lisa, but sometimes there were rough nights. And after spending the night like that, Lisa would always be ill for several days.

It was the same this time. It was Jungkook who took care of her, who had been ill for three days. His face was full of worry and kindness.

"It's just a fever."

"I know."

He grinned as he handed over the messy, tangled hair. Her gray eyes captured Jungkook with a sense of calmness.

"I feel like the afterglow of last night is still in me."

"I think you have a difficult request, seeing that you choose only good words to listen to."

After the excruciating pleasure, a fever rose. Perhaps the pleasures of that night still had not left her body.

Lisa gently took Jungkook's hand, which was stroking her forehead. Eyes of blind confidence, believing that he will surely grant her request.

"If Lord Jungkook doesn't do that, everyone will be uneasy."

Anxiety eventually breeds suspicion and grows into a heart that harms each other. The child Enin was caring for from the other side of the room could be heard. He whined and cried, and it was all lovely and precious. It hadn't been long since she's known Mirga, but she can imagine how Mirga felt. Lisa will also do anything to protect her child.

"Lord Jungkook."

"...Sometimes Miss Lisa has a talent for noticing what I'm trying to do and stopping it. I don't need to know if you're doing it knowingly or knowingly."

He said vaguely.

It was definitely Jungkook who accepted Mirga, who had nowhere to go. In fact, he allowed Mirga to travel to the Empire to clean up the mess that should have been done three years ago. She's useless, so he doesn't need to put up with her anymore. Everyone involved had been purged, so he had nothing to do with Mirga either.

But if he did that, Lisa would be very heartbroken.

He didn't want to hurt Lisa. Just as he had eyes of protection and surveillance attached to Lisa, he should have attached eyes to Mirga as well.

What could be easier than controlling Mirga, who had no influence or anything? If she did even one act of nonsense, he would just punish her right away. He wondered if Mirga would do such a foolish thing to blow her last chance with her own hands.

Lisa was anxious as much as she loved her child.

He's not unaware of her anxiety. But that's the weight of the throne, so there's nothing Jungkook couldn't do for her. Thinking that maybe she could learn a cruel disposition or tactics from Mirga, Jungkook nodded his head.

"I'll do what Miss Lisa wants me to do."

"Thank you Lord Jungkook."

Lisa smiled with a feverish face.

"But you should avoid meeting them too often."

The words he had said in the bed, the vague words in her memory, came to mind, and Lisa quickly nodded her head.

◇ ◆ ◇

It had been a week since that night that Lisa visited Mirga. Mirga said she was comfortable with staying in the old harem where she grew up as a child. There was no one other than those in charge, and only Mirga and Rosé used the large space.

"Greetings, Haseki."

Mirga was startled by Lisa's sudden visit, but she only raised her eyebrows slightly. Lisa smiled softly to Rosé, whom she had not seen in a long time, and sat down at the table.