2

Realizing he’d lost the warmth he’d held in his arms, Jungkook woke up in a foul mood. The moment he opened his eyes, a familiar headache hit him. Pressing his throbbing head with one head, he suppressed his anger. How many times had that little woman tried to run away? He was getting angry now.

Jungkook got up from his bed, thinking he’d have to kill the one who let Lisa out the door in the middle of the night in the deep darkness. Midnight in the desert was very cold. Even on a soft, warm bed covered with fox fur, he quickly lost the warmth he just had.

“Anyone there?”

The moment he called a servant on standby outside the door, Lisa, who was crouched at the foot of the bed, raised her head to look at him. He stared at her wondering what was going on. She lowered her head and murmured an answer before shutting her lips.

“Please come closer.”

Lisa lifted her head with an embarrassed look and hesitantly looked at him.

“Are you hurt somewhere?”

Jungkook asked if the wound that he wrapped a little while ago had opened.

“No.”

She stepped barefoot on the softly carpeted floor. Why was she sitting on the floor instead of the bed at night when the temperature had dropped? When asked this question, Lisa sat back down.

“I need to check it with my own eyes.”

Once again, Jungkook knelt in front of Lisa.

“S-Sultan, how can-? In front of a woman like me…”

The fact that he was kneeling in front of her didn’t make sense. She bit her lips and tried to retreat again, but the frame of the bed kept her in place.

A growling sound pierced the air.

He thought the wound was too painful for her to move, but he didn’t think that was it. His stomach was fine, so it must be hers that wasn’t.

“…Are you hungry?”

“I was afraid I’ll wake Sultan up…”

She couldn’t sleep because she was famished. She was afraid that her stomach’s growling sound would wake up Jungkook, that’s why she moved under the bed. She couldn’t even remember how long it’s been since she last ate.

“Ha!”

Jungkook laughed, struck dumbfounded.

“No one gave you food?”

“No, it’s not like that. I – I’m just…”

“You haven’t eaten for more than 3 days so you must be starving. Anyone there!”

As if they were waiting for Jungkook’s command, the servant opened the door and came inside.

“Prepare our meal. We’ll eat in the garden. And bring anything that’s easily prepared first.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

As the crowd left the room, only the two of them remained. He touched Lisa’s head, who had it lowered in embarrassment, with his palm.

“Why are you so stiff in front of me?”

How could she not? Depending on his mood, he could kill people or save them.

Jungkook looked at Lisa’s lowered head with unsatisfied eyes before he lifted her up in a flash.

“Please put me down.”