III

“Isn’t it because it’s been a long time since you slept with a man?”

Mirga ignored Rosé’s words. All of her attention was focused solely on adorning Rosé perfectly to Jungkook’s taste. Tonight decides whether she would be a girl for only one night or if she would enter the harem. She had to be thoroughly prepared.

Mirga ordered for the tribute she had brought, and the most precious jewels and perfumes.

“It is not.”

“You were the one who convinced me that it would be better if it’s a woman like you.”

Mirga didn’t even look at Rosé and instead carefully inspected the easy-to-remove clothes that would fall off if the Emperor’s hand touched it. She will put it on Rosé tonight, who’s going to visit Jungkook’s bed.

After Rosé’s husband died, she had to get out of the harem. If Rosé, who had no children and no support for the family or friends, left the harem, she would be kidnapped by a slave trader again because of her unusual appearance. There was a way she could be married, but the other person would undoubtedly be a wealthy yet old nobleman. She didn’t like it. She wanted to choose her own future.

It was Mirga who reached out her hand to Rosé. Mirga was a princess of the Empire before she was married. During their husband’s lifetime, all the women of the harem were enemies, but after her husband’s death, she had to somehow survive, so she insisted that they help each other.

“Isn’t it obvious that you’re called to the bed? Just like when you seduced my husband at the harem.”

She struggled to break free from slavery and become the concubine. She certainly captured the man’s desire to look at her. The eyes of the man, who eventually became her husband, were full of desire to covet Rosé.

But it would not be the same with the Sultan. As Mirga said, Rosé hadn’t seen a man for so long that she’s lost her sense of it.

Mirga let out a sigh as Rosé sat still, doing nothing about her evening duties and lost in thought.

“Choose a perfume. The Sultan never liked strong scents. It is said that this is what the Haseki is using now, but if you plan to go out in a similar way, it would be better to go the same way.”

Mirga knew Rosé’s basic taste.

“He’s a good guy. Even when you enter the bedroom with the Emperor, you can talk about me.”

“Won’t it be gossip?”

After all, Mirga had the same thoughts as she had at first. Rosé looked at Mirga and nodded her head.

Mirga clicked her tongue.

“You stupid girl. It won’t be easy to paint a poor picture.”

Rosé was on the same boat, but she thought about herself and Mirga, who could cut their opponent right off if either side were at a disadvantage.

When she thought of the Emperor who stood beside Lisa and stared at her tenaciously, her mind became infinitely complicated.

“Jungkook’s taste is a woman who doesn’t know anything about the world.”

Mirga is always ready to stand on the side of power. So she took her position eight years ago to side with the first prince and the fourth princess, and three years ago, when Jungkook rose up she aptly caught his scent and pulled herself out to marry. She then flew away as she fled to the foreign country, out of Jungkook’s reach.