3.2

"I am not from a great family. I hail from a small nomadic tribe of less than 20 people, and they only sent me out to the procession of the Emperor who happened to pass by, fearful for their lives. I like this palace, but I'm not the right person, Sultan."

Lisa said this with her chin raised, but she still kept her eyes down and avoided his gaze. Knowing what she meant, Jungkook smirked.

"So you're telling me to let you go?"

"...I am not the right person for you."

Lisa repeated the same words over and over like a parrot.

"What do I do with this? I became a Sultan for you, but what should I do if you leave?"

'Aaaaaaaahh!'

The servants, who screamed deep in their hearts, covered their lips with their palms, fearing that the screams would leak out and kindle the Sultan's wrath.

What nonsense was this? Who would believe that their Emperor was kneeling in front of this little girl, confessing that he became Emperor for her with the sweetest words uttered by any man in the world?

"You must be joking, Your Majesty."

The surprise in Lisa's silver eyes fluttered for a moment, then calmly subsided again. It didn't please Jungkook to see her interpreting his words as meaningless comments. He bent down to look deep into the silver eyes that continued to avoid him.

"Even if everyone doesn't, you must believe me, Miss Lisa. I am a man who decided to become Sultan because you were the late Sultan's flower."

In those silver eyes, Jungkook smiled brightly as he gazed at her in satisfaction.

"Sultan, how can you speak such absurd words?"

Instead of answering, Jungkook gently embraced her as if she was a child.

"Enin, is Lisa's bath ready?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Enin, who was quietly waiting for the two of them to finish their conversation behind the servants, bowed deeply and answered. Jungkook waved them away and headed for Hamamu, the harem's bathhouse.

* * *

Jungkook carried Lisa to the bath, steam rising due to its heat, and wrapped his arms tighter over the small body that kept trying to escape.

Dozens of maids lined up on either side of the bath to serve them, their bows deep. Without the Sultan's permission, they dared not even raise their faces and they did not even dare to breathe, just as if they had never existed.

"Your Majesty, we shall wash Her Majesty."

Enin, the only one who did not bow her head, spoke to Jungkook in a calm voice.

"Ah, Enin. Right now, I don't want to be away even for a moment."

Jungkook lightly bit Lisa's shoulder, who was standing stiffly, in case she might collapse onto the Sultan.

"Phew..."

In an instant, the tension in her body dispersed, but Lisa's face flushed red as she leaned against Jungkook's chest. Just by keeping her body upright in his arms, she let go of her remaining stamina because she had no energy left. In the hot water, she felt the part that had embraced him sting with a heavy, dull pain.

Even from Jungkook's slight stimulation, all the tension in her was released and her body did not regain strength. Jungkook nibbled on Lisa's earlobe and he rolled his eyes, thinking about how to get out of this situation.