best friends to lovers

"where'd all the time go?" i ask him, as he sits down next to me on our bed

"where'd all the time go?" i ask him, as he sits down next to me on our bed. he takes off his shirt as i remove my last earring from my ear. "i'm not sure, babe."  i chuckle, "what do you think our younger selves would say? to us getting married?" he thinks for a moment. "probably ew or neverrr" he replies sarcastically with the cheeky grin that i fell stupidly in love with. we both climb into bed.

for hours we spoke about the dumb stuff we did as kids. such as when we were six, mason rode his bike into a tree and cut his head open. it's still funny till this day.
or when my ice cream dropped on the floor and mason laughed for hours at me.
all of the memories lead up to even more memories. to being inseparable best friends, to being married and inseparable. it's crazy how much time we have had together, yet it goes to quickly.

luckily, we made every moment count. to when we were taking baths together at 3, to walking down the aisle. to inviting declan round for a game of fifa to him being masons best man. from meeting all of masons friends to them being invited to our wedding.

every memory we made we never forgot, even the tiny details about that one day in primary school, when mason first signed a football contract, when i finally got my dream job, to mason moving to chelsea and getting called up to the england squad. proud is an understatement.

after all of this, i've never been more in love. i've never been so happy with someone before, hes everything i could dream of and more. he's everything a girl could want, after all.

"i can't wait to marry youuuu"

"ew mason that will never happen"

- us , aged 6