jealous

i didn't know that seeing him with another girl would make me so jealous

today, there is a gala that has been hosted by england. all footballers are invited and are asked to bring a partner.

me and mason spilt about 5 months ago. assuming the fact that we were no longer together, it had the media wondering who we would both go with. to my surprise, i was asked by the one and only headband man, jack grealish. of course i had said yes. me and jack have known eachother since about 16, i met him through declan at one of his games. not only that, he was absolutely gorgeous.

the gala starts in a few hours and i had just finished my makeup. tonight, i will be wearing a white silk dress, which is tailored to fit my waist. not only was the dress gorgeous, it made me feel beautiful. which is always a plus.
i turn on my straighteners and began to straighten my hair, after an hour, jack messages me.

jack

jack
hey pretty, i'll be there in about 30 mins X

me
okay, see you then <3

———————————————————

i had just put my white heels on as jack messages me that he was outside. i look in the mirror before heading out of the door, feeling confident. jack sees me and gives me a bright smile, "you look absolutely gorgeous." he says as he plants a kiss on my cheek. "thank you, you look amazing" i reply to him, earning a smile.
he opens the limo door for me, "after you ma'am" i giggle, "thank you sir" i grab his hand which he left out for me to hold and enter the car. he closes the door and enters his own, sitting next to me and placing a hand on my thigh.

in no time, we arrived at the red carpet. the windows were beaming with camera lights, i began to feel nervous.
"i'm quite nervous, you know? with mason being here with godknows who and the paps?" i say, chuckling slightly.
"you'll be okay," he gives me a reassuring look. "just hold my hand."
i take his advice and grab his hand tightly as the door opens. we both exit the car and face toward the carpet. smiles immediately appear on both of our faces. "after you" jack says, leading me up the stairs. i hold the side of my dress as i walk up each step. we arrive at the first set of camera men. jack wraps his arm around my waist and i hold his opposite hand. we both look at eachother and smile, making sure we get the best pictures.

before heading up to the next set of camera men, i look up only to see the one person i had been most nervous to see. mason, with a gorgeous brunette headed girl, wearing a golden silk dress. my eyes did not move from them, causing jack to have to budge me. "you okay?" he asks. i look back up, causing him to also look. he looks back at me and squeezes my hand tightly.

he leads me up the stairs, grasping my hand tighter as we approach the couple. we stand next to them, they had yet to notice that we were there. me and jack pose for pictures, i had to keep stopping myself from even glancing at him.

after a while, i feel a pair of eyes on me. i look beside me, only to see mason looking directly at me and jack. we make eye contact which lasts only a few seconds before his partner made him snap out of it.
a rush of jealously travels through me. i stop looking at them both and turn to jack, who looked concerned. "let's go in, get you away from them." he says, i nod in agreement. we head inside the gala to be greeted with gareth.

"isn't it beautiful?" gareth asks, looking around. "it really is, thank you for setting up an event as incredible as this" i reply, shooting him a smile. he returns, "you are so kind. it was no worry. enjoying yourself jack?"
"yeah, buzzing to be here." he adds. "you look a bit distracted?" i look toward jack to see him staring at me, wide eyed. i chuckle slightly, "jack?". he snaps out of it, "you didn't see anything." we all laugh.

we headed off after a while to find our gala table. which so happened to be right next to mason and his "girlfriend" , if you will. jack and i both sit down. "want a drink?" he asks, "oo yes please, malibu and coke sounds amazing right now."
he gets up from his seat and gives me a reassuring shoulder pat as i am now exposed to the couple beside us. jack sat infront of me to block them out, assuming that he is now gone, they could look and stare whenever they'd please.

i look at mason, constantly. i can't seem to take my eyes off of him. my feelings had yet to vanish. the last 5 months had been hard, assuming how incredibly in love with him i was and still am. every piece of me wishes that we had worked out, even after he "lost feelings" for me.
i stare at him for too long, causing him to look straight back at me. we make eye contact. for the first time in months i can see the eyes that i was in love with. he doesn't look away, neither do i. i appreciate every part of this moment before, he looked away.

i look away also, feeling vulnerable. my eyes began to water as i realize that i had no chance in getting him back. i look back up, to see him kissing her. my face drops. everything around me was suddenly a blur as my eyes fill with tears that were now running down my face. i get up from the table and lift my dress. i look at him one more time as he pulls away and looks at me immediately. i walk away, not wanting to look back.

"y/n!!" i hear jack shout from the table. i don't bother to turn and leave the hall. i sit on the steps which were located at the front of the building. i sit with my head in my hands.
after a while, i feel two warm hands on my back and feel someone sit down next to me. jack. head still in hands, i lean toward him and sob. "i can't do it anymore jack, i'm still in love with him. there's nothing i can do about it, i'm too late. i can't accept it. i'm selfish and don't want him to move on and be happy. i want him to still love me." i cry, letting out every single emotion that had been bottled up from the day we parted.

his hands rub up and down my back. "i am still in love with you." i hear him say. i look up , only to see mason holding me in his arms. "mase?" i ask, stunned to see him infront of me. "that would be me," he smiles, "i regret everything that i have done to hurt you, y/n. honestly, the last 5 months have been horrible for me and i know they must have been for you," he pauses. "i'm sorry for putting you through that type of pain." i look up at him again, pulling him into a tight hug. he hugs me tighter as he places his arms around my waist. "why did you say you lost feelings for me?" i ask, looking directly into his eyes. "for you. i knew that going away for 3 months for the euros would be too much for us both." i nod in agreement.

he pulls away after a while and looks straight into my eyes. he leans forward and plants a tiny kiss on my lips. "i've missed you." mason says, "i've missed you too. i don't like missing you, mase. i don't like it at all" i chuckle slightly, causing him to do so. "how about, we try this again?" he asks, placing his hand on my thigh. i look at him with nothing but a smile on my face. i take a piece of his hair which was dangling in his face and place it back. i hold his face and kiss him, missing what he had tasted like. i remove my lips from his, "we should definitely try this again."

"may i say, that dress makes you look ethereal." i giggle, burying my head in his chest from happiness. "who even is that girl?" i ask him, "some girl i was mates with in primary school" we both look at eachother and laugh louder than ever.
"see that you two made up" we both look back to see jack, "my plan worked" he says with an evil laugh. we all erupt into laughter.

ib the amazing avenirdelight