09.

I BEGAN walking out, shutting off my phone and storing it away into my pocket, as everyone else left quickly.

"Lyn, Lyn! Hey!" A voice behind me yelled, halting my movements from leaving the room.

"Hey, Dalmatian boy. What's up?" I smiled turning around and seeing Carlos, hands in pockets.

"Uh..." He hummed glancing behind as he saw Dude sit down on a cube. "Not much, you?"

"Eh, same. I just need to finish a lot of homework before I help Ben choose decorations and shit for Cotillion." I shrugged.

"Oh, yeah. No, t-that's a bummer. Um... Speaking of Cotillion-" He mumbled.

"I know, that's all everyone talking about. It's getting super annoying. Like 'what are you gonna wear? Who are you going with? How's your hair gonna look?' It's like they've never been to one." I rambled, quoting what all the girls ask each other.

"Uh... I haven't, actually." Carlos paused my rambling.

"Well, I know. It's just a little irritating with all the talk." I rolled my eyes, playfully grinning.

"Yeah, no, yeah." He nodded his head in understanding.

Suddenly my phone began ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket, and it showed Ben, who was calling me. "Oh, sorry, Carlos. I need to take this. Great practice, by the way. I'll see you later."

I quickly jogged out, answering the call. "What do you need this time?"

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

Right now, I was out on the field with Jay. He was practising his sword moves while I was practising some gymnastics.

"Jay!" I yelled and he turned around to me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know why Carlos is acting so weird to me?" I asked him, worried that I did something, which was rare because I usually never gave a crap.

"N-Nope." He lied through his teeth, continuing to practice.

"Liar. Who're you taking to Cotillion?" I questioned, stretching my arms. I hated to talk about Cotillion, but I wanted to know who he liked, Jay was a ladies man after all, but never really dated anyone.

"No one, that way I can dance with any girl I want or all of them." Jay smirked, sword over his shoulder.

"Of course, you do." I scoffed, whacking his arm and doing a backwards cartwheel.

"Why don't you join the cheer team? Then you can cheer me on during our matches." He chuckled grinning.

"Very funny, Jay. No way, that team was so annoying." I rolled my eyes.

"Worth a shot."

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

I knocked on Evie's door to see if she needed any help with the girls' dresses. E slowly opened the door, seeing me and sighing in relief.

"Hey, Eve. You ok?" I furrowed my brows together, confused as to why she looked so distraught.

"Look for yourself." She sniffled, tapping her temple, letting me know to just read her head.

I nodded, even more confused than before, looking in her mind and what was happening. I walked through the halls of her most important to the least important thoughts, almost passing the first door. It was labelled Mal went back to the Isle. Since, that was all I needed, I jumped out of her head, clapping a hand to my mouth.

"What? She went back to the Isle!" I shouted worriedly, walking into her room.

"Yeah, she left a note and... this." Evie replied shakily, handing me a piece of paper and her ring from Ben.

I gasped quietly, taking the ring. "Oh, god... Ben's going to be crushed."

"Well, we have to tell him, sooner or later." E swallowed thickly. "Have you ever been to the Isle, L-Lyn?"

"Uh...  Yeah. In like the summers, I'd steal the remote and escape for a day or two." I shrugged.

"Great, because we might have to go back." She sighed, fiddling with her rings.

"Ok, we better go and tell Ben now, quickly." I reminded her, and she nodded and we both left the room. I lead her to Ben's office near the main office.

Evie knocked on the door while opening it, so there really was no point in knocking. "Ben?"

"Lyn, Evie. Come on in." He greeted, standing up and taking his earpiece out.

Evie closed the door gently, "Mal's gone back to the Isle."

I saw the blood drain from his face and his small smile fall. E came over behind me in front of him, handing him the paper.

"Ben..." I got his attention, holding out a fist with the ring in it. He held out a hand and I plopped down the gold piece of jewellery.

Ben unscrambled the note, reading it quickly while whispering the words out loud. "This is my fault. This is my fault. I blew it. She'd been under so much pressure lately and instead of being understanding, I just went all beast on her... I have to go there and apologize. I have to go there and beg her to come back."

"You'll never find her, Ben. The Isle is bigger than you think." I sighed as he walked over to the window.

"You need to know the Isle and how it works, and... you have to take us with you." Evie added.

"Yes! Uh... Are you guys sure?" Ben turned around swiftly.

"Yeah, she's our best friend." I nodded with a smile.

"And we'll bring the boys, too, because there is safety in number and none of us is really too popular over there right now." E paced around.

"Thank you." Ben thanked her, genuinely.

"But let's get two things straight. You have to promise me that I won't get stuck there again." She made the number two with her fingers.

"I promise." He swore.

"And there's no way you're going there looking like that." I snickered as she said that while he straightened out his vest.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

I opened the Carlos's room door open, and closed it shut, and he looked over at me from his laptop on his bed. "Hi, Carlos." I greeted walking over to his mattress. "We need to go visit somewhere."

"What's 'somewhere'?" He furrowed his brows, as I sat at the edge of his bed.

"The Isle." I smiled sarcastically.

"For what?" Carlos looked at me confused.

"Mal, she went back." I sighed, playing with the hem of my sleeve.

"What!" He shouted, eyes widened, as I fell back onto his bed and closing my eyes. "Wait - you're coming?"

"I've been before in the summer. I get very bored around here." I shrugged, turning my head towards him. "No one notices me because I kind of dress like you guys. Oh, us five and Ben, actually."

"All right. Um... I was also kind of wondering if..." Carlos mumbled, putting his computer beside him.

"Oh, shit. I need to tell Jay. Where is he?" I asked him, remembering that Evie told me to tell both of the boys.

"I think he's on the field still. Anyway I-"

"Oh, thanks, Carlos! See ya." I said, rushing out of the room.