16 - Waking Up.

Waking up in the morning was always a painful activity, no matter who did it.

The shifting of the limbs, the desperate struggle to go back to sleep, the blaring sun going into your eyes, and the iconic alarm clock that drops like a hammer while simultaneously creating one of the most frowned upon sounds for high school students.

However, unlike others, I don't have much struggle waking up or even getting out of bed.

"Mhm...." Hiyori said as she sunk deeper into my shirt, her hair slightly bouncing as it covered the left-side of the pillow she laid on.

But this, this is a predicament.

Never in my life have I ever had anyone sleep next to me before Hiyori, and though actually resting with her was a terrific experience; trying to actually get out of bed was another.

For starters, I usually get up at 5:PM to do exercises to try to maintain my overall physique; as even though the training I can do here doesn't even close to what I did in the White Room, it still is enough to keep myself physically healthy.

However, it seems that I have overslept due to Hiyori's presence, as it was now 7:PM.

School roughly starts at 8:AM, and my exercises usually take 2 hours to finish while my preparation for school takes an additional 50 minutes to complete.

However, because of the time it is now, I cannot do anything besides prepare for school.

But that is not the biggest problem, for me missing one day of "intense" exercise is fine.

But rather, actually leaving my resting place is the greatest issue I am encountering.

And that is mainly because Hiyori, being the adorable angel that she is, is still asleep and within the bind of my hands.

And for some other reason, I can't (read: don't) want to remove them from the back of her body, especially when I stare down at her face.

Her calm expression, her gentle smile that was expressed in her countenance, and most of all the absolutely irresistible sounds and words she was making and saying.

Thusly, this was quite the challenge to conquer.

Maybe, just maybe if I just slid out of her arms, I could get out of her tight yet still gentle hold on me-

"Kiyotaka... So warm..." Hiyori let out as her smile grew even wider.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Actually, you know what?

Today, maybe just today, I'll sleep for awhile longer.

If I'm late to school, well, I guess that's fine.

For this cute angel is more important than that.

And slowly, I lay my lips on her forehead and kiss it.

And it seems even though she was asleep, she still felt it.

Truly, an angel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An extra chapter created in commemoration for Hiyori' appearance in the most recent trailer for season 2.

Hope to see more of her in the next season, even if its just for 10 minutes.